How do I set up the VOIP function for my router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-23 07:47:21 - last edited 2022-01-30 13:46:12

The router doesn't recognize my RSP Voip settings that Spintel provided. The phone field displays an X. Is there anything special you need to do with this router?

Thankyou.

SJose

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How do I set up the VOIP function for my router?-Solution
2022-01-23 13:06:10 - last edited 2022-01-30 13:46:12
Hi, you have to ask your ISP to give you all the VOIP configuration parameters and enter them correctly, because some parameters are unique and specific for each line. If you do not enter them correctly, it may not work, in any case after entering and saving the VOIP data, it is advisable to turn the device on and off and wait a few minutes for the VOIP to be negotiated. (Only the first time it takes a few minutes, because on subsequent restarts it will be a matter of seconds for activation.) In case of further difficulties I suggest you to use Google with written examples for the configuration of your modem and your ISP, because your parameters remember that you only need to know them and your ISP because they are confidential.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:How do I set up the VOIP function for my router?-Solution
2022-01-23 13:06:10 - last edited 2022-01-30 13:46:12
Hi, you have to ask your ISP to give you all the VOIP configuration parameters and enter them correctly, because some parameters are unique and specific for each line. If you do not enter them correctly, it may not work, in any case after entering and saving the VOIP data, it is advisable to turn the device on and off and wait a few minutes for the VOIP to be negotiated. (Only the first time it takes a few minutes, because on subsequent restarts it will be a matter of seconds for activation.) In case of further difficulties I suggest you to use Google with written examples for the configuration of your modem and your ISP, because your parameters remember that you only need to know them and your ISP because they are confidential.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How do I set up the VOIP function for my router?
2022-03-08 05:30:17

Let's say I want to set up my home with VoIP, no more than 4 phones. What's the cheapest yet still fairly reliable way to go for the phones themselves if I want to use Asterisk as a backend?

Options
Re:How do I set up the VOIP function for my router?
2022-03-09 00:35:55
... to configure a router that usually the majority of them does not have the VoIP system on board, you have to get an external system called VoIP - ATA, there are several models (Cisco, Linksys, Grandstream, Gigaset and many others!) For sale Even on Amazon or other telecommunications devices vendors, usually those for home are found with two fxs outputs (so two VoIP lines) if you want 4 or more (in this case you already start talking about VoIP switches) the price obviously salt And a lot and also the complexity of the configuration, certainly not to everyone's reach, my advice and to turn to some of your friends who know how to handle ata-voip systems, because there is really to lose your head in configuration if You do not know all the RFC parameters. (Which are many, and change from country to country!) Otherwise to simplify things, you can buy a DECT VoIP Gigaset phone because the Gigaset configuration is not as complex as the ATA (if for sale in your country!) Usually allows you to Configure up to 6 ISP VoIPs and 6 portable telephones with a single transmission base and solve the problem faster and at a lower cost of the ATA-VoIPs if only 1 phone and its base so you get 100mt at home and 300 in the open field DECT-VOIP coverage. (I will clarify that they are not a product vendors mentioned, I have nothing to do with the companies above, but it is only a personal experience of use of common user or customer!)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 543

Replies: 4

Related Articles