Ehternet & Wifi speeds slower than internal Speed Test - New issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-13 21:49:32 - last edited 2019-06-13 22:32:30
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.8 Build 20190403 Rel. 43515

Hi,

I Have been using a Deco M9 Plus for a fair few months now and have found them awesome after going through many other brand mesh systems and having nothing but issues.

This has changed somewhat in the last few weeks with my connection speed dropping over Ethernet and wifi. I have a 100/40 plan and get around 95/37 with overheads and when I do a speed test within the Deco app, I continually get those speeds, but devices that are connected via Ethernet and Wifi all top out at 70/28 all the time.

I used another router to test my connection and got the 95/37 straight away so I know it is an issue with the Deco, but it is only a new issue and one that has me confused.

I do not know when it started but it may have been when the new firmware was loaded onto it.

I have 3 Deco M9's and an M5 as well, and all clients are hardwired. They all give me the same speed and I have connected only the main M9 to test and it still only gives me a speed of 70/28 with nothing else connected.

Any ideas as to why this would happen? I am reluctant to have to re-set everything up but will do so if necessary, hopefully someone can help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Ehternet & Wifi speeds slower than internal Speed Test - New issue
2019-06-17 02:03:42

Hi,

Please try to disable fast roaming and setup QoS as standard, clear all the high priority items.

After that, please do a speed test.

If still the same, please show me some screenshots:

1. the speed test with device connected to the Deco M9 plus.

2. the speed test on the Deco app.

3. the  speed test with your device connected to another old router. 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 945

Replies: 1

Related Articles