Ethernet slower than WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-16 05:47:57
Tags: #slow ethernet speed
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: updated

Just installed two Deco x68s, and I'm very happy with the wifi speed and coverage. I've tried everything I know to do, but a speed test reveals download speeds of 50-60 with my device (AppleTV) wired directly to the Main Deco, while via WIFI, I'm getting 500mps plus. I've tried switching out cables, and clearing high priority devices. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ISP is xfinity, and I pay for 500mps. Thank you in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Ethernet slower than WiFi
2022-11-17 07:43:45

@Brekka 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Are you able to use a laptop to test the Ethernet speed from the same location to see how much speed the PC could get?

If you set Apple TV as a high priority, would that make any difference to the speed?

If the speed on the laptop is ok, but not on Apple TV, I see a similar suspending post on the Apple community https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253582255 and you might need to reach TV support.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 137

Replies: 1

Tags

slow ethernet speed
Related Articles