Basic WiFi Router Recommendation?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-24 10:20:28 - last edited 2019-06-30 18:34:15

Hello,

I believe my old Netgear WGR614 v9 802.11g router is on its way out. I've been using it for the past 7-8 years. I'd like to replace it with a basic router that offers stability and good signal strength.

My ISP is Spectrum (I'm located in WI) and I have standard internet, nothing upgraded or fancy. I bought a Motorola SB6141 back in the Time Warner days and I've been using this cable modem for the past five years.mobdro

I live in a 1200 sq ft, 2-bedroom, single story condo in a multi unit building. At most, I have one or two Windows laptops and one or two Android smartphones that connect to the router simultaneously. I have a 2nd-gen Google Chromecast as well which I use sparingly. I don't use the wired network ports on the back of the router. Home internet is used for basic web surfing, e-mail, YouTube, etc. No 4K video streaming or gaming whatsoever, so my needs are pretty modest. https://pnrstatus.vip/

I am looking to buy a router from a local brick and mortar store, e.g. Target, WalMart, or Best Buy. I prefer Target since their return policy is a bit more flexible, 30 days as opposed to 15 days for WalMart and Best Buy.https://sarkariresult.onl/

All three stores sell the usual brands, including Netgear, Linksys, and TP Link. I'll certainly avoid the Netgear 802.11n models that are still on the shelves. I could get an TP Link AC router for as little as $35, but of course I'll spend more if there's good reason for me to do so. There's an assortment of Linksys, Netgear, and TP Link routers that sell for between $50-80. I was hoping not to spend more than that, but I can if it means that I'll get a significantly better router.

Last thing is that space is somewhat at a premium, so I'd like to get something with a relatively small footprint.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Basic WiFi Router Recommendation?
2019-06-25 02:24:06

Hey, considering the budget, the TP-Link AC router is a good choice, like Archer C7 Archer C9 and so on. 

They have the gigabit ethenret ports and support some advanced feature, like parental control, USB sharing, QoS/bandwidth control and so on.

You can get more information via the user guide on the official website. 

Options
Re:Re:Basic WiFi Router Recommendation?
2019-07-03 18:15:56
Agree with Gray-Blue7 a TP-Link AC router with Gigabit ethernet ports is a good choice. Most AC routers will support IPv6 which you want. I have the Archer C8 connected to a Motorola MB8600 with Comcast 150 service. I have a VOIP phone (Ooma), security DVR, plus several WIFI cameras (wyze), plus laptops both Apple and Windows 10, Amazon sticks, WIFI printers, weather station, some home automation (X-10), etc and it all has run fine for many years. I will spend a bit more if it gets me an increase in performance and how long the product will last but I do not need to be on the cutting edge. I prefer a separate modem from the router because it makes things easier to debug if an issue occurs. I agree with you getting it from a place that has a good return policy and work it hard as most electronics fail early on.
Options
2021-01-04 07:10:12

• TP-Link Archer A7 (AC1750) Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router.
  • Asus RT-AC66U B1 (AC1750) Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router.
  • TP-Link Archer (AX3000) Wi-Fi 6 Smart Router AX50.
  • Asus RT-AX88U (AX6000) Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router.
  • Netgear Nighthawk AX12 (AX11000) Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router.
  • Amazon Eero Pro Mesh Wi-Fi System.
Options
2021-02-24 15:33:34

@Martin77  hello dear users I just saw this post-Basic WiFi Router Recommendation? users are a little confusing but I am here and I will help all I will suggest 3 wifi routers hope it will help you to solve your problem don't forget to like it thanks

https://khanaparateerresults.in/

TP-Link Talon AD7200 this is a good suggestion for you 

Asus RT-AC88U this is another option 

this is the best for you NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1119

Replies: 4