disable wifi altogether at night time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

disable wifi altogether at night time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
63 Reply
Disable the LAN PORT on 2nd Deco
2020-10-19 12:23:13

@TP-Link_Deco Looks like the WiFi schedule is a simple, yet comfy and economic feature.

A the moment I'm forced to pave wire to the main electric panel, with time clock switcher.

Complex but necessary for safety reasons.

Options
Re:disable wifi altogether at night time
2020-11-20 20:30:10
I can see I can turn off the WiFi in the app....but how do turn back on if the WiFi is off?
Options
2020-11-21 15:47:50

@gkatz 

Here is yet another workaround for those who want to turn off Deco WiFi at specific times.

If your ISP gateway has parental controls, or "device management" or "bedtime schedule" - use it to configure when Main Deco is not allowed to access Internet. While technically WiFi on Decos will still be on, anything connected to them won't access the Internet when Main Deco can't.

Options
2020-11-21 16:27:49

@Alexandre. 

We would like to disable wifi for example for a night because we would like to sleep without wifi electrosmog! If somebody would like to use LAN ports he will not use this option. But TP-LINK need for this little change years... as it's seems! If i know it before i buy them, i will not chose this... and they have zero costumer support...

Options
2020-11-28 22:47:39

@LangTamas 

Thank you TP-link for a valuable lesson. 

As the option of simply turning the WiFi off is not possible on my Deco I will have to change the hardware. I wanted to buy a TP-link switch and more Deco routers for my offices but this issue actually did the marketing for itself... 

Options
Disable the LAN PORT on 2nd Deco
2020-12-29 16:02:17

@TP-Link_Deco 

Scheduling is one thing, but turning the wi-fi off/on manually through the app should really be a priority.
It's a very basic feature and I believe it's feasible since the main deco device will always have access to the cloud to communicate with the app.
The only problem for some users is that they will have to use mobile data to turn the wi-fi back on. But that's expected.

With scheduling, this problem would be eliminated if the Wi-Fi turns back on automatically at a given hour. But like a said, scheduling is nice to have, but the basic on/off function is really important.

Cheers and Best Regards,

Charles

Options
2021-01-22 15:59:31

@TP-Link_Deco 

I would also really like this feature on my deco m4 sistem, It seems that this case is actually poor project plannig.

Similar issue was pointed out years ago and got the same reply. When I bought the system did not even check that this feature was include. I could have not imagine a router or some similar system in 2020 that has not this featurea. To bad that because of this I can not recomande it. I am thinking of solving this issue my self whit some smart plugs.

Options
2021-02-09 23:02:11

@gkatz  Hi, I've installed today 2 M4 deco but I didn't find this feature yet. When will be available? Thanks

Options
2021-03-17 23:42:24

@gkatz @Kevin_Z  any update about this feature? Id love to switch off my Decos at night. Or the possibility to switch off manually the 2.4GHz and 5GHz without the alert

i know is difficult probably to implement but is requested since 2019 

Options
2021-03-19 19:21:36

@gkatz Well you had enough time now to disable this feature.

Big disappointment for me, the devices just received will be sent back.

Options
Related Articles