WA701ND Bridge

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WA701ND Bridge

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WA701ND Bridge
WA701ND Bridge
2012-12-17 04:14:42
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA701ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 3.13.12

ISP :

I'm probably being really dense, but as I've hit a brick wall I thought I'd ask the question.

I've got two wired switches that form two separate wired networks. One of these is connect to an ADSL router.

I recently got two WA701ND wireless APs with the intention of using them to bridge the gap between the two wired networks.

As I understand the setup I have to set up one both as Bridge with AP and set the local SSID of each into the remote SSID setting of the other device.

The change the LAN setting so that both had static addresses on the subnet that both wired networks use.

I should then be able to connect to the internet from anywhere on either wired net, as well as wirelessly using the SSID of the AP on the wired network connected to the router.

Try as I might I can't get every machine to talk to each other, and I can't tell what I am doing wrong...

If anyone had a step-by-step idiots guide I'd be grateful.

Thanks
Options
1 Reply
Re:WA701ND Bridge
2012-12-27 10:44:16
Set up the Bridge with AP on both 701, and their IP addresses should be on the same subnet but different. Channel and security settings should be the same.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 442

Replies: 1

Related Articles