Latest firmware (version 1.3.1) with new features for Deco M5 is available now

Latest firmware (version 1.3.1) with new features for Deco M5 is available now

58 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Latest firmware (version 1.3.1) with new features for Deco M5 is available now
2019-07-16 09:00:01 - last edited 2019-07-16 09:25:49

My google home IoT devices are connected to the internet, while my computers, tablets, and phones do not have internet access via wifi.

They still connect to the deco, but have no internet access.

Current LED status is solid green.

No internet access via ethernet.

No error messages from the android deco app. In fact, I can run the internet speed test and check for an update within the app with no issue, but otherwise my phone has no internet connection via wifi. Using the web interface via desktop, I can also check for firmware updates, but otherwise cannot use the internet. 

My M5's are version 2, according to the box, but the web interface shows this: https://i.imgur.com/csaJOva.png

I would like to repeat that I updated the firmware using the Android Deco app, and afterwards lost internet connection to move of my devices. After that, I updated the firmware using the web interface. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Latest firmware (version 1.3.1) with new features for Deco M5 is available now
2019-07-16 09:43:07
under each unit want version does it actually say on them where did you get the units from and was the packaging sealed? I know I got mine from Amazon and the box and units all show EU v2.2
Options
Re:Re:Re:Latest firmware (version 1.3.1) with new features for Deco M5 is available now
2019-07-16 13:27:34
No I updated mine over WiFi, making sure you do the router m5 last otherwise you may well have other problems.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Latest firmware (version 1.3.1) with new features for Deco M5 is available now
2019-07-16 20:37:12

so anyone want to link the firmware updater tool since its not listed on the support page for some bizarre reason (given that you can download the firmware itself!)

Options
Re:Latest firmware (version 1.3.1) with new features for Deco M5 is available now
2019-07-17 07:35:41

The installer is not an easy tool to use first the Mac version will not run at all 

you do need a reasonable terminal knowlage to use and it takes a fair amount of detective work to succeed 

the instruction are well iffy they correctly say the ip is say 192.168.68.1 up

but then the show it as 192.168.1 ?

that will not work 

the two slave decos do not seem to indicate any thing with the led and go quickly 

the master takes longer and the goes int the flashing leds the the slaves follow and then you wait 5 mins while the system resets 

the instruction for Mac are very poor like a after thought for internal use the pc ones are better but the codes are different 

Mac one is plain text the pc one has pics.

one more point the https://TP-Linkdeco.net has a bad certificate shows as a fraud site on macs you can get round it on 10.14.xxx but not on 10.15.b4

but I am able to report that the web site enabled in 1.3.1 seem to be able to do local manual updates so the palava with the dos/terminal update will not be required

just my thought on this 

stuart

Options
Re:Re:Latest firmware (version 1.3.1) with new features for Deco M5 is available now
2019-07-17 07:48:55

yeah thats great and all, but i don't have the tool.   linky?

I'm very familar with using command line tools and know what i'm doing.  

Options
2019-07-17 09:39:10

Just email tech support you will get the correct one for your decos with the correct m5.bin file 

I do not know enough about the regional nature of the firmware or the model variations to risk posting a link 

sorry others must feel the same as they have gone down the tech route and not posted the info 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Latest firmware (version 1.3.1) with new features for Deco M5 is available now
2019-07-17 09:53:42

no, i already have the firmware which is downloadable from the support site.  the tool to upload said firmware, however does not seem to be listed.   whatever you post a link to is nothing to do with you in terms of responsibility if i or anyone bricks their devices because of what you linked to.  thats not how the internet works.  :)  

Options
2019-07-17 10:49:53

@JoeBlack12 It could be a DNS issue. Please make sure your phone is connected to Deco's Wi-Fi network, then follow the FAQ link below to change Deco's DNS server to 8.8.8.8 for a try.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1855/

In addition, do you set up your Deco units through Ethernet Backhaul? If yes, you should pay attention to the IPTV function. If you have enabled this feature, then the other Ethernet port of the main Deco will become an IPTV port and lose internet services. In this case, please turn off this feature or make other Decos connect through Wi-Fi backhaul.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Latest firmware (version 1.3.1) with new features for Deco M5 is available now
2019-07-17 14:57:10

Just got my 3 M5 Deco units from Amazon uk but only installed 1.2.8 firmware. Noticed on the box I have an EU version 2.2 too :( when is this going to be issued for all customers or can I force it to UK ?

Thanks

Options
Related Articles