LAN OR WAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

LAN OR WAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
LAN OR WAN
LAN OR WAN
2019-07-11 13:41:42 - last edited 2019-07-11 13:45:44
Model: General Product  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Am thinking of buying a TP Link access point or a cheap TP link router with access point mode. However am confused. I have seen numerous articles suggesting that I connect my main router from the WAN port to the LAN port of the access point. But I have also seen articles suggesting LAN port to LAN port. Am confident in setting this up but I need to know what is the correct way in regards to the ports. Is it LAN to LAN and if so will I be able to see the access points home page for setting changes, I suspect I need to assign a static ip for that on the Access point.  Kind Regards 

Options
1 Reply
Re:LAN OR WAN
2019-07-12 08:43:39

@thralldine   

For the wireless router who supports access point mode, we need connect its WAN port to the existing router to set it up. While for those router who do not support access point mode, and we need configure it as an access point manually, we need use the LAN port. 

Below is the setup video to configure wireless router as an access point, it contains of different situations like mentioned above. 

Note: You can choose one router as example to watch it, like Archer C7. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 4208

Replies: 1

Related Articles