Two Things

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Two Things

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Two Things
Two Things
2019-07-15 18:14:28
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: latest

1    Why is the date the date format MM/DD/YY for a UK version?

2    You cannot trust the information in the browser as being up to ate and valid.    To save many of you some time you need to rememeber when using a web browser the RE450 is not always queried.    I spent ages trying to understand why a mobile device was not connected to internet when the RE450 was showing (through the web browser) that the device was connected to the RE450 and the RE450 was up.   It was only on physical inspect of the RE450 that it become evident it was powered off.    Why does the browser not quesy the device instead of relying on the browser cache?

Other than that the RE450 blasts out far stronger signal the the ASUS router I have.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Two Things
2019-07-16 10:48:54

@dippy 

1. For the date format, we will remind our R&D team and they can work on it.

2. I did not catch your point perfectly. While to login to the web UI of RE450, we need connect your computer or smart phone to it. 

Options
2019-09-24 18:43:21
Sorry that was not clear! My error. The browser seems to use the cache on the web browser without actually querying the device. as an example the RE450 showed a phone to be connected to the RE450 when I used the GUI on the RE450. The phone was not even in the house at this time. The information was misleading.
Options
2019-09-25 02:56:43

@dippy 

Thanks for your clarification, I got your point. 

Theoretically, the device which has disconnected from RE450 won't show up on the web UI.

You can relogin to the web interface of the RE450 when the smart phone disconnected, and then go to settings-network-DHCP client list page to verify whether it is still there.

Besides, you can try to refresh this page. 

May it help and have a good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 578

Replies: 3

Related Articles