How to increase the wifi signal - router + range extender + powerline + access point setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to increase the wifi signal - router + range extender + powerline + access point setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-28 01:21:13
Model: RE350  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Here is my current setup - Scenario 1

House size: 650 square meters

NBN Modem: ZTE Modem H268A (turn off wifi signal)

Wifi Router (main): TP-Link Archer AC3150 with Powerline TL-PA902OP Kit connecting to one end (downstairs one end side of the house)

Wifi Range extender:TPLink RE350 AC1200: it is use to expand the range upstairs (one side of the house upstairs)

Wifi Access Point: TPLink Archer D7 connect with Powerline TL-PA902OP Kit on the other end. This is increase the signal of the other end of the house upstairs

Spare equipments: Optus Netgear cable modem CG3000-2STAUS and Linksys Wireless N-300 router and Netcomm Wireless N ADSL modem router. 1 spare TPlink 500 powerline adapter

Q1. Is it a better way to increase the wireless wifi signal across the rooms upstairs (both side of the house)?

I tried to setup the following scenario before:

Scenario 2:

Wifi Router (main): TP-Link Archer AC3150

Wifi Range extender:TPLink RE350 AC1200

This will expand the range upstairs on one side of the house

Scenario 3:

Wifi Router (main): TP-Link Archer AC3150

WDS Wireless briging: TPLink Archer D7 as wireless bridge talking to the TP-Link Archer router

The result is not as good as scenrio 1 & 2 and if i used the range extender to the router, it makes the wifi signal even worse.

Q2. Should I replace the whole scenario with any mesh system? If so, should I wait until ax mesh system comes later?

I hope TP-Link will have firmwares to upgrade all these products into one mesh and my next AX routers (intend to get a very mesh ax system - 3 piece ones covering approx 650 square meters for 4k video use) can work together with my old equipments.

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to increase the wifi signal - router + range extender + powerline + access point setup
2019-07-29 06:00:19

@Bondjordan 

Compared with the 3 different scenarios, the first would be best. Reasons as below: 

ZTE modem ---Archer C3150--TL-PA9020P ---powerline--TL-PA9020P---Archer D7 (AP mode) 

\ (wireless)

RE350

All the devices connect to each other with ethernet cable, the stability and performance will be better than the wifi connection, and the PA9020P does not support wifi function, we can use the RE350 and D7 to extend the wifi range. 

Second, for the onemesh plan, you can refer to https://www.tp-link.com/onemesh/compatibility/

And if you have had these devices already, it may cost a lot to replace them with a whole mesh wifi system. And there is a whole wifi mesh system already, which is called Deco. 

https://www.tp-link.com/deco/ 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4476

Replies: 1

Related Articles