How to increase uploading capacity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-23 15:04:23 - last edited 2020-12-29 06:35:59
Model: Archer C60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Could someone guide me how to increase my capacity to upload data through WiFi? Also when I open Tether app, it just show a button for 'Go to Settings.' Much appreciated. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to increase uploading capacity-Solution
2020-12-28 13:59:38 - last edited 2020-12-29 06:35:59

@GopalPun 

I just had a quick look at Aquiss' website.

Apparently they are offering several speed grades for their home fibre broadband services, called OPTION 1, OPTION 2, OPTION 3, etc. (depending on local availability), with the speeds increasing with higher OPTION numbers.

The advertised speeds for OPTION 1 are "Average Speed 36Mbps (Down), Average Speed 1.7Mbps (Up)", which looks much like what you are getting as per your Speedtest results.

Do you know if OPTION 1 is maybe what you have subscribed to?

Finding this out would be essential to determine if your Archer C60 is indeed slowing things down or if you are just getting what you pay for.

By the way, by today's standards 1.7Mbps upload speed is actually pretty much the low end.

Recommended Solution
Options
15 Reply
Re:How to increase uploading capacity
2020-12-24 06:44:49

@GopalPun 

Hello, does it mean the current upload speed is not good enough? Can you describe the scenario that you desire in detail?

When did you purchase this Archer C60? Was it working fine before? Please ensure you are running the latest firmware on it, you may try to reset it to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch, then confirm the speed again.

BTW, what is the network bandwidth you got from your ISP? What is the speed you can get when you connected to the ISP modem directly? Please leave all the settings by default on the C60 when doing the reconfiguration, monitor the speed first.

Options
2020-12-24 14:12:39

@Kevin_Z 

Hello,

I'm not good with IT. Anyway, I bought this Archer C60 last week. This is my first time I bought this product because I changed my broadband from BT to Aquiss. 

This is connected to 

The WiFi is working fine but uploading takes a long time. This router is 

I've spoken to Aquiss who said that they won't restrict any amount uploading. This is why I'm looking for help. I don't know about seeing the router? Is it necessary? I mean it is not just plug & play thing. 
i've downloaded the tether app but it just ask me to open the network settings. I did then it doesn't do anything like the instruction from the box. 

Kevin_Z wrote

@GopalPun 

Hello, does it mean the current upload speed is not good enough? Can you describe the scenario that you desire in detail?

When did you purchase this Archer C60? Was it working fine before? Please ensure you are running the latest firmware on it, you may try to reset it to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch, then confirm the speed again.

BTW, what is the network bandwidth you got from your ISP? What is the speed you can get when you connected to the ISP modem directly? Please leave all the settings by default on the C60 when doing the reconfiguration, monitor the speed first.

Thank you very much. 

Options
2020-12-25 02:57:20

@GopalPun 

Thank you very much for the details, we appreciate it. It seems that the Archer C60 router is connected to the Openreach BT hub via an Ethernet cable, can you please help confirm what is the WAN connection type on the C60? You may login to its web interface as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1523/

Then show me the Status page, where you will see the WAN connection type and WAN IP address, etc.

Is the computer or phone connected to the C60's 5G or 2.4G network? You may try to modify the wireless settings on the C60, such as changing the 2.4GHz wireless channel to 1/6/11, channel width to 20MHz; changing the 5GHz channel to a clear one as well, such as 44/48, channel width to 40MHz, then reboot the router and reconnect to the network to confirm.

BTW, please ensure your C60 is running the latest firmware as well, you may check it from the local official website as per the hardware version displayed on the router label:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-c60/#Firmware

If the router firmware is not the latest, please update it:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2139/  (Case 1)

Options
2020-12-27 05:16:07

@Kevin_Z 

Merry Christmas,

How can I modify the wireless settings on the C60 from my iPhone? Such as changing the 2.4GHz wireless channel to 1/6/11, channel width to 20MHz; changing the 5GHz channel to a clear one as well, such as 44/48, channel width to 40MHz. 
thank you very much. 

Options
2020-12-27 14:14:51 - last edited 2020-12-27 14:18:38

@GopalPun 

Open the Safari web browser on your iPhone and type the address http://tplinkwifi.net . The router's configuration webpage should load.

Enter your router's password. (or set up a new password in case there hasn't one set before)

Once logged in tap the "Advanced" tab near the top of the webpage and then on the left menu tap "Wireless" and then "Wireless settings". Now you will see the settings for the 2.4 GHz WiFi.

Tap on the drop-down menus next to "Channel Width" and "Channel" to change those settings.

In order to change the settings for the 5 GHz WiFi you need to tap on the letters "5GHz" near the question mark icon towards the top right of the webpage.

Options
2020-12-27 14:53:23

@woozle 

Thank you for your reply. 

I've followed through your instructions. I've changed the channel bandwidth to 20MHz. However, the uploading a 6 minute video still take 17 minutes. Before when I had BT, it took 5 seconds. 
I've spoken to Aquiss, who said they are not restricting any upload speed. Could you be able to help? 
Much Appreciated,

Gopal

Options
2020-12-27 16:23:14

@GopalPun 

Could you open www.speedtest.net in a web browser to do a speed test of your connection (just hit "GO") and report back the speeds? When finished it should show you numbers for PING, DOWNLOAD and UPLOAD. 

Options
2020-12-27 17:39:14
Options
2020-12-27 18:40:35

@GopalPun 

Thanks.

However, I didn't expect that the mobile version of the Speedtest website doesn't display the upload speed. Sorry.

Can you open the Speedtest website again, tap on that "AA" in the address bar and select "request Desktop website" (or something similar)?

Then run the test again and once it's finished you should also get a number for the upload speed.

Options
2020-12-28 03:27:26

@woozle 

Thsnk you for your reply. 
please see the picture below

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1641

Replies: 15

Related Articles