Does TP link make good quality router components?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-09 05:20:36 - last edited 2019-08-16 12:05:53
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Looking at ac routers but how do I compare internal components and there quality? flat for sale in thane Seems like I can pick from Asus netgear d link and tp link and seems like asus is probably the king of quality but I’m wondering  1 bhk in vikhroli what people think of tp link? apartments in dadar  Is it just budget junk or can it handle hard workloads and has good components?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Does TP link make good quality router components?
2019-08-09 07:56:22
Options
Re:Does TP link make good quality router components?
2019-08-12 12:45:09
Get a router (and modem) that exceeds your needs and does all you want. You will grow into it. Sometimes it pays to spend more and other times it is a waste. Modems are much like cars... Different people like brands for different reasons. Some buy the most expensive or the most highly rated which may not fill their needs or is just a waste. For me buying a TP-Link Archer C8 several years ago was a good buy based on price, my needs, and performance but then again I am not a power user who games and requires gigabyte speeds. I have VOIP phone, security DVR, iMac, USB disk, and 15-20 WIFI devices (IP cameras, iPads, laptop PCs, Amazon Prime, TVs, weather station, Chrome cast...) at any given time using Comcast 150 service. I still have room to grow. For most, any new modern router will work just fine for most users. Some routers may have better parental controls, port forwarding, WIFI distance, Disk sharing, USB options for printers and disks, Guest network control, IPv6, VPN service, DDNS service, MAC filtering, gigabyte Ethernet, and so on. My advice is to buy from a company that allows returns and use it heavy during the return period to see if it meets all of your needs.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1600

Replies: 2

Related Articles