i can't visit some websites through my wireles router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-10-12 17:28:10
Region : Australia

Model : TL-WR841N

Hardware Version : V7

Firmware Version : 3.13.17bulid120201 Rel

ISP : optus

Hello, My network is like this :
ISP optus -->cable modem-->TL-WR841N
I bought TP-LINK TL-WR841N router 2 weeks back..
It got installed correctly and works fine with websites like Google, Facebook. But websites like Yahoo! , Hotmail , etc. doesn't open at all . I checked my firewall settings and it's all fine. Kindly suggest what should I do cuz it's been 2 weeks and i'm not able to use it.
Options
8 Reply
Re:i can't visit some websites through my wireles router
2012-10-12 17:34:05
Have you checked the websites that can no open with the your ISP cable modem, does that work fine? Some times ISP internet line is not so good and caused some problems.
Options
2012-10-12 17:44:05
I checked that with my ISP. When I connect to the modem only, all pages can open without problem. I am sure that the problem is TP-LINK router now.
Options
2012-10-12 17:46:49
Have you tried to Ping these websites when connected to the router? Can you ping them? If you cannot ping, you can also try to ping the yahoo server by the IP address like 203.84.197.9.
For the TP-LINK routers, sometimes for the cable modem, it needs to do the MAC clone. On the TP-LINK settings page go to Network-->WAN -->Clone MAC address with your main computer.
Options
2012-10-12 17:53:04
I have already tried to do the MAC clone. But this did not help. I also tried ping. No matter it is ping www.yahoo.com or the numbers you gave me. Both can not reach. Is there something wrong with my router?
Options
2012-10-12 17:56:45
Try to change the MTU size on the TP-LINK.
Go to Network-->WAN-->MTU.Change the default 1480 to 1440. Sometimes update the firmware can solve this problem. Go to TP-LINK websites to download and update it.
Options
2012-10-12 17:58:35
Thanks!!! The problem has bee solved by the change the MTU size. This is really good to me since I have working on it for a so long time.
Options
2017-12-08 00:24:22
Hello , iam facing same issue ,my tplink router tl-wr843nd not open some websites successfully.i also tried the change of mtu size but still same issue occurred.i also update the firmware but it also not help me....but why....?
Options
2017-12-10 02:24:12
hello , please release new firmware for tl-wr843nd for resolving internet connectivity and browsing issues......
Options