Printer not listed in Printer Controller Utility list of auto-connecting printers, on Windows 10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Printer not listed in Printer Controller Utility list of auto-connecting printers, on Windows 10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-16 11:22:01 - last edited 2020-09-14 03:38:18
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have successfully connected my hp LaserJet 1010 HB printer via USB cable to my TL-WR842ND v2 router. On a Windows XP PC i have installed the TP-LINK USB Printer Controller Utility and the LaserJet 1010 HB printer is available in the list of auto-connecting printers for use. And it all works well.

Now, on my other this time Windows 10 PC al also first installed successfully the standalone LaserJet 1010 HB printer, and it works fine as a standalone printer:

Then i installed the Windows 10 version of TP-LINK USB Printer Controller Utility on that Windows 10 machine:

As you may see from screenshot, the TP-LINK USB Printer Controller Utility has found over network the mentioned TL-WR842ND v2 router and the LaserJet 1010 HB printer attached to it. Yet the TP-LINK USB Printer Controller Utility cannot auto-connect to LaserJet 1010 HB printer, and the printer is not actually listed in the list list of printers of available for auto-connection:

I can't understand what is the problem, is it the TP-LINK USB Printer Controller Utility version, or printer driver? Any suggestions on how to solve that?

Thanks a bunch!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Printer not listed in Printer Controller Utility list of auto-connecting printers, on Windows 10-Solution
2020-09-04 01:11:26 - last edited 2020-09-14 03:38:18

@EugenG. I was having exactly this same issue and fixed it.

What I did was firstly set autoconnect printer, but selected Fax from the installed printer list.

I then printed a test page, using Fax as the printer. This outputed to my printer.

Then, I went back into the TP_Link Printer Controller, deleted the auto-connected printer (fax).

Then went back to set-auto connect printer, and boom, my printer was then in the list! 

Hope it works for you too!

Recommended Solution
Options
13 Reply
Re:Printer not listed in Printer Controller Utility list of auto-connecting printers, on Windows 10
2019-10-29 19:08:05

@EugenG. 

I have the same problem. Do you found the solution ?. I have TL-WR1043ND and the HP1020 printer.

Options
Re:Printer not listed in Printer Controller Utility list of auto-connecting printers, on Windows 10
2019-10-29 21:45:22 - last edited 2019-10-30 07:27:27

@KowalPLK not so far, and moreover, after going deeper i noticed windows 10 having some serious troubles with my LaserJet 1010 HB printer, some software parts aren't working as should, this gave me the idea that it is all about printer driver, which is not fully appropriate for windows 10, and there is nothing that can de done about it, there's no a better driver.

Options
2019-10-29 22:07:48

@EugenG. I don't thing so. In my case HP 1020 is fully support by Windows 10. Windows install drivers from Windows Update when I plug the usb cable. Printer works perfect when is connected by USB. I have a Windows 8.1 on second partition and it's working perfect using TP-LINK USB Printer Controller. I thing it is some problem with compatibility Windows 10.

Options
2019-10-30 07:38:27

@KowalPLK oh, i see, well, on my win xp the Printer Controller Utility works perfectly as well. Are you sure your HP 1020 is fully support by Windows 10? For instance are you able to simply access it's printing preferences from control panel? In my case i am not.

Options
2020-04-22 03:32:22

@EugenG. I also have a HP laserjet 1020 with the same problem. Has anyone suggested or found a decent fix?

Options
2020-06-16 05:16:18

@EugenG.  For me, I am using Epson L130 and the drivers and application for the printer are deleted automatically  I dont know how and why in Windows 10. But after that happened I am unable to connect through router. I have to connect using USB only

Options
2020-06-16 06:40:27

@arundot93 " For instance are you able to simply access it's printing preferences from control panel? In my case i am not. " I am not, as well.

Options
Re:Printer not listed in Printer Controller Utility list of auto-connecting printers, on Windows 10-Solution
2020-09-04 01:11:26 - last edited 2020-09-14 03:38:18

@EugenG. I was having exactly this same issue and fixed it.

What I did was firstly set autoconnect printer, but selected Fax from the installed printer list.

I then printed a test page, using Fax as the printer. This outputed to my printer.

Then, I went back into the TP_Link Printer Controller, deleted the auto-connected printer (fax).

Then went back to set-auto connect printer, and boom, my printer was then in the list! 

Hope it works for you too!

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-09-14 03:38:12

@MJLIMBO 

Hello, 

Thanks very much for sharing this valued info and we will soon test this to confirm.

BTW, may I know your model number of the TP-Link device?

Good days.

Options
2020-09-14 03:59:14

@Kevin_Z 

Sure.

TP-Link model is an Archer C2300.

Printer is a Brother HL-L2300D

Windows 10.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 7590

Replies: 13

Related Articles