AX6000 Slow upload speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX6000 Slow upload speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
80 Reply
Re:AX6000 Slow upload speed
2019-11-14 02:02:41

@pjaguilar 

Thanks for your reply. 

We reached out the engineer who followed up your case, and per he said, he offered a remote session to locate your issue.

And regarding to the upload speed of Archer AX6000, it went nromal once you change another node to test.

The local liveview works well, which means the router should be working fine; And the remote video viewing (via cloud/port forwarding) buffers no matter which router you use, therefore, the engineer located that there is some limitation at ISP's end which affects the performance. 

If you have further problem, just reply the support email. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-14 08:21:34

@Kevin_Z Hi!!!

The conclusion from the engineer is the most obviously wrong one.

The ISP limitation disappears with the Archer C9 (or with other routers, like other users are saying here)... that's just not logical.

AX6000 does't work well, Archer C9 works well: "must be the ISP". LOL!!!!

The worst part of this wrong conclusion if that you are saying: "we won't look into it any further".

As for the part "The local liveview works well", well, it was usable, but now that i'm back with mi older C9, is SO MUCH BETTER. So, there is a general problem with the upload speed, in LAN and WAN.

If i have the time i will set a FTP server in my LAN to test the upload and download speeds both routers, or try to look at the TCP/IP data packets, to see if there is a difference (it should). But these tests are very time consuming, and i work from home (i'm a System Analyst), so i can't have big downtimes in my LAN.

Luckily, the C9 works flawlessly.

Kevin_Z wrote

@pjaguilar 

Thanks for your reply. 

We reached out the engineer who followed up your case, and per he said, he offered a remote session to locate your issue.

And regarding to the upload speed of Archer AX6000, it went nromal once you change another node to test.

The local liveview works well, which means the router should be working fine; And the remote video viewing (via cloud/port forwarding) buffers no matter which router you use, therefore, the engineer located that there is some limitation at ISP's end which affects the performance. 

If you have further problem, just reply the support email. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-30 19:51:06

Definitely experiencing a similar issue.  Severely inhibited upload, historic view shows it to be about 1/10th of the previously recorded test.

I've been hunting for new firmware just wondering if the last was buggy for a couple weeks now.  But since the issue has persisted and no firmware was forthcoming, I dumped some time into it, factory reset, etc.  I was able to isolate the issue with network upload issues to this router.  If this continues unchecked and unsupported then this router is a very expensive paperweight, and the lost time and performance aren't leaving a very good impression.

Options
2019-11-30 20:09:18

@originalsyn Sadly there were no more firmware updates, and the worst part is that support refuses to acknowledge even that there is a problem.

My AX6000 is now in the box, the Archer C9 keeps working well, and we are 300+ bucks poorer LOL...

Options
2019-12-01 16:57:52 - last edited 2019-12-01 16:58:58

@Sultanmsa 

hi.. in UK ...results from tether app 370 down and 38 up. Spot on for internet contract.

using note 10 WiFi 6 ...speeds very near those above. Using fast.com

Ax 6000 connected to Virgin media router in modem mode.

router set to gaming priority. Nobody gaming at time of test. Using latest available firmware.

Where does the Tether app get its results from?. Does it interrogate the modem or does it actually do a test?

cheers

Options
2019-12-02 00:57:29 - last edited 2019-12-02 00:59:16

@pjaguilar 

Well, I thought that you two reached a consesus that it has something to do with ISP during the last remote session, while per you said, it is still not; we would like to do further troubleshooting cause we will not close one case without providing a solution. 

When you updated this case last time, I reminded our engineer and he replied to you. 

You can keep in touch with him and figure it out together. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-02 08:46:56

@Kevin_Z Hi!!!

Thanks for your reply... further support sessions (like the ones we already did), wont help at all.

The conclusions from the ones we did were:

- Tplink can't offer a replacement because the costs and my country customs.

- Even with a replacement, probably the problem wont be solved.

- The problem will be passed to development team, be on the lookout for new firmware.

Like i said to the engineer, there is no more tests we can do "visually", we need hard data to figure out why with some servers or services the AX6000 performs so poorly.

The Ookla tests are a good indication:

- With the Antel, Montevideo, Uruguay server (and almost any other), the upload is half the speed (consistently)

- With the Claro, Montevideo, Uruguay, the router reports almost full upload speed.

With the Archer C9, everything works well.

Best regards!!!!

Options
2019-12-03 01:26:37

@Cawsie 

Archer AX6000 supports speed test function, therefore the Tether app supports it correspondly. 

There are some built-in websites which used to test the speed; once you enabled speed test feature, it will connect to one of the node randomly and test the connection/speed. 

May it help. 

Options
2019-12-03 02:07:43

@pjaguilar 

If so, you can build a FTP erver in your LAN network and try copying file from outside of the AX6000. Please let me know the test results.

And these tests help us to verify whether it is the Archer AX6000 itself or others. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-14 04:37:30

@Sultanmsa 
Hi all,

Sorry the intromission but I'm having the same issue but with an AX3000 bought on December 2019. I had service with Xfinity Miami 150/20 using a SB6120 modem and an Asus AC66 router with Speedtest always in the 140/160 down and 19/22 up (for 4 years with no issues). Since the Asus router began to fail a couple of ports I researched the net and decided for an AX3000 and at the same time bought a SB6190 modem requesting Xfinity to bump my service to 300/40.

All installed the download speed went to 500+ Mpbps (amazing) but the upload speed is now stable in the 5 to 6Mbps... back with  the AC66 router and testing the ports still working the upload speed goes immediately to 29 Mbps.|

Since it seems to have some of us with the same issue, is at all possible that we have one of a deffective lot of products? Symptoms are exactly the same...

Just my 20 cents as I'm ready to return the product to Amazon and request another router. This is my first experience with TP-Link and if I can't solve the problem will be the last as upload is fundamental to my work (video editing and streaming).

Hope this helps to reach a solution

Speed

Options
Related Articles