Media Server Not Showing Files

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-12-22 23:45:27
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : v1

Firmware Version : 3.13.12 Build 120405 Rel.33996n

ISP : virgin media

I have set up the router with a USB FAT32 Stick 8gb shared six folders with about 5gb of music inside the server only streams the first folder to the network and inside that folder all the MP3 files and another 2 sub folders but not others. Whats the reason for this is there a limit to the amount of files that can be shared if so this should be made clear in your documentation? Is this issue going to be fixed?
Options
10 Reply
Re:Media Server Not Showing Files
2012-12-23 08:54:21
At most 8 partitions can be loaded, in my experience.
Options
2013-01-26 22:02:16
Same problem here! Didn't have any access solving this problem. I have a 500GB USB harddrive connected with all kinds of data. Only two folders show with some files in it. I tried adding/removing/rescanning and even tried adding subfolders, all with no success. It never shows all the files and folders.

Region : Austria
Model : TL-WR1043ND
Hardware Version : v1
Firmware Version : 3.13.12 Build 120405 Rel.33996n
ISP : UPC

EDIT: I wrote TL support a mail to confirm, but I just found in a german forum ( link), that the media server a 100 file limitation. And it's true, i never tried to add folders containing less than 100 files before, but it works. It is a stupid and non-advertised limitation, but at least now we have a clue whats going on!
Options
2013-01-28 17:21:32
I got a reply from TP-Link support today. They acknowledge the problem, but didn't confirm that it was a limitation by design. They are in the process of testing and said they are working to bringing a fix into the next firmware release.

Thats good news to me, thanks TP-Link!
Options
2013-02-03 03:14:12
Well that's good to know... the media serving function is the main reason I decided to get this router, and yet it is really not working with my external HD, which has many more than 100 files that I would like to access! I hope we get this new firmware release soon! Hear that TP-Link!? Help us!
Options
2013-02-04 04:34:27
i want that in the next firmware they should fix the bug "interface of web die after few days" this is more critical issue than media server, at least for me.
Options
2013-02-04 21:38:44
I also need a fix for this media server file / directory limitation. A major reason I bought this router, as opposed to some others, was its supposed ability to plug in a USB drive and serve music files to an audio system, independent of a computer. But it's so hobbled by this limitation that it's completely useless for the purpose.
Options
2013-02-26 03:41:49
Does anyone know will the media server show all files in the shared folder (including files in the sub-folders) or it show only files under the shared folder and ignoring all the sub-folders within?
Options
2013-05-03 15:27:54
@staylate...all subfolders are included.

And for me the limitiation on the amount of files is a very bad news too....did a lot of testing to find the reason and I would be very happy if this could be fixed soon. If you have a workaround or solution - plz post it here... thx.

Used Device: WDR4900 (WDR4900 v1 00000000) with actual Firmware (3.14.3 Build 130320 Rel.39025n)
Options
2013-05-28 14:26:06
I am using the WDR430 with latest firmware ( TL-WDR4300_V1_130319) and find this limitation extremely annoying, especially as there is no mention of it in the documentation, nor in any of the reviews I found. I tried adding more shares, but it looks as though the limitation is in fact on the number of files, independent of whether or not they are in separate shares. It would be helpful if this were at least officially documented, including the actual limit for each device. I would not have bought this unit had I known of the limitation. I have a 2 TB drive attached with over 30k music tracks which I want to serve over DLNA. Does anyone know of an alternative product which can handle this?
Options
archer c7
2015-10-30 00:47:58
First time that i bought a tp link router. And the media server is even after a firmware upgrade, not working. Most of the files are not shown . What the f* this is a pretty expensive router. Tp link please solve this asp. Btw i go back to D link for sure...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4763

Replies: 10

Related Articles