Deco M5 latency to modem/router spikes.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 latency to modem/router spikes.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
86 Reply
Re:Deco M5 latency to modem/router spikes.
2020-08-19 17:00:06

Hello, I am experiencing spikes as well, I have 4 deco m5 connected, latest update 1.4.7, see attached screen.

How can i fix it?

Options
2020-08-23 11:29:41

@ewakil12 same here with a Deco M4. I've tried the same things as others. No joy.

Options
2020-08-25 12:19:43
Exactly the same issue which i encounter with my newly bought DECO M4R hardware revision 2..... this timeout issue is just so annoying which browsing on a website also will stuck due to this issue. When are you going to fix this TPLINK? Don't make your consumer buying trash.
Options
2020-08-26 09:44:12 - last edited 2020-08-26 11:06:56

@Daveomania 

I came to the thread with the same issue on my newly bought M5 pack.  My boy was complaining of major lag on his Xbox and I noticed it heavily this morning during a Teams call.  It was cutting out every few seconds and I missed a large amount of the conversation.

Having read through the replies I tried the disabling mesh option for my PC and Xbox and it has worked perfectly.  It's not a blanket disable now though.  The app lets you disable mesh for individual clients which is shown on this thread Advantages of disabling "mesh" per client?

Options
2020-08-26 10:59:12

@Steve_H1 

Your problem is exactly same with Mine 192.168.68.1 is the Main Deco IP 

TP link with so many people having this issue what other information you need ? 

The ping spike is already happening between the 2nd Deco to the Main Deco, what other network topology you need ?

I just buy new Deco and at least expecting to have minimum stable connection i dont expect blazing fast 1200AC you can give me stable good 50mbps i am happy to accept it 

To share more info the 2nd deco to the main deco is 6 meter apart with direct sight still having this issue. 

Just to share.... this issue happen even when only 1 CLIENT Connected to it.... your advertisement say can handle 100 client..... you cant even handle 1 client properly . How you test and claim can handle 100 ......  ???? 

Options
2020-08-29 16:21:40

@Kevin_Z 

Any solution?

Options
2020-08-29 18:21:57

@ewakil12 Did you try disabling mesh for the particular client?  Solved my issues and, given they are static devices, I'm happy.

Options
2020-09-01 12:25:24

@Tawkeye Hello, how are you?

I already tried and the problem continues, my connection is very unstable. I don't know what to do 

Options
2020-09-01 12:35:35

@ewakil12 

I had similar issue after my first post above that was caused by my homeplug backhaul.  I removed that, re-positioned the unit for better signal and it's caused no isses since.

Options
2020-09-08 10:06:21

Hey guys, I came here because I was also having issues where my ping times would come back with intermittent request time outs but my hardware is a Deco x20.  I use only two units of the three that it came with so far.  I've been having the lag issues for about 3 weeks and couldn't figure out why.  To make a long story short, I simply had to reboot both devices.  I kept rebooting the living room one and neglected the one in the basement.  After restarting both, I now have no interruptions in my pings and it seems to be smooth sailing.  But so far it's only been 3 hours since I rebooted both devices.  Let's see how it goes.

Options
Related Articles