Local Domain Name

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Local Domain Name

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Local Domain Name
2020-07-19 21:58:03

@sendivogius 

Dont hold your breath on firmware updates. I've learned the hard way lol. I feel like we won't be getting any more features on our generation of Decos. 

There's a lot of features i'd love to see come to the Decos. Like manually being able to assign what channel your wifi operates on, or something as simple as a local domain name 

Options
2020-07-20 15:37:58

@Razr Yeah... same here. I guess I am spoiled by years of using Tomato, Merlin, and DD-WRT on my ASUS and Linksys routers. You expect a certain level of features as basic as local domain name, configurable channels (like you mentioned), and even VPN client/server. I am not aware of any custom firmwares being compatible with the TP-LINK Decos, though. Have you found anything on the net to this effect?

Options
2021-07-15 23:53:14

@sendivogius The Archer VR2800, which I bought after the Asus modem router, did not have this feature, which really upset me. I hope it comes to Archer VR2800 too.

Options
Related Articles