How to remove registered clients from clients list

How to remove registered clients from clients list

88 Reply
Re:How to remove registered clients from clients list
2024-01-08 01:24:40

@Ramki I have search everywhere in the new version of the Tether app and cannot find where to clear offline clients. Would you please specify where you found the setting?

Options
2024-01-10 09:21:50

@Ramki 

Hi, i also dont see way to remove old clients form list. Can you please share few screenshost with instructions?

Thanx

Ramki wrote

@MJbros Hi, there is new version of app and one can clear all offline clients now. Tether version 4.3.24

thanks 

Ramki

Options
2024-01-25 13:21:53

I can't delete clients in the web interface, but in the telephone app I can block an online  client and then it also dissapears from the web interface. I can re-find the client in a list of blocked client and un-block it again.

The app also have a list of offline clients. From the list I can choose to remove all offline clients. When this is done, they are gone and can not be recovered.

So in general I don't see the same problem.

This works with Deco X20 and Deco X60

Regards Thomas

Options
2024-01-29 21:49:34

@Whammamoosha 

How is there still no resolution to this, I can promise you this will be the last dung heap of a router I ever but from you if you can't fix something so trivial.

Options
2024-01-29 22:26:34

@VanDecker It's an old router system, and I'm sure by now they've learnt from things like this. There is no benefit to them to send out a firmware patch to fix it, so it's very unlikely it will get fixed. Their newer routers are better.

If you have technical savvy, as I mentioned in a post, you can flash your own firmware to the router, and there are some very good ones already built by groups that are community driven. DD-WRT is such a firmware (plenty of YT videos and other articles on step-by-step procedure).

The problem with this approach is that the processor in many old models of TPLink are underpowered, and flashing to a more modern firmware can cause performance loss.

I think it's worth anyone who's into networking to play around with stuff like this, but the bottom line is this: TPLink routers are cheap, so they contain cheap parts. That's not necessarily a bad thing because it means every few years just by a new TPLink router.

HTH

Options
2024-02-15 14:25:46

I found a workaround from phone app to remove a registered device -

* Click on Online clients 

* At the bottom, click on Offline Clients

* Use option Clear All on top right if all offline clients needs to be deleted

* If a single client needs to be deleted, select the client and Delete.

Note: I frequently block my kid iPad for better time management. For days I could not fix Appstore network connection issue on iPad. Removing the device and adding it fixed the problem. Hopefully this workaround can help address network performance and connectivity issues that I face frequently!

Options
2024-02-15 14:35:55

@vijred 

Any chance to share few screenshots?

I am on Android phone and i cannot find offline clients part you mentioned.

Thanks

Options
2024-02-15 14:39:49 - last edited 2024-02-15 14:41:53

@ImEasy I believe the person is using a third-party app (probably with third-party router firmware). I have the iOS TP-Link app (Tether), and it does not have those options either. Several people in this discussion have proposed solutions using third-party apps, but unfortunately that does not work for all Archer series routers.

Options
2024-02-15 19:03:29

@MPrewitt 

Agree. I am pretty sure I tried all options in mobile app and Web version also, so probably this is some workaround as you mentioned.

Regards 

Options
2024-02-17 01:50:46

@ImEasy 

Hope these screenshots help you...

I am using IOS, this is the only app I use , version 3.6.50;

Options
Related Articles