Wireless problem with new TL-WDR3600

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wireless problem with new TL-WDR3600

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
73 Reply
Re:Wireless problem with new TL-WDR3600
2013-03-06 23:14:55
TP-Link Technical support contacted.

It looks like a poor sign when the WDR-3600 is not included in the drop down menus for wireless routers (and no menu of available for dual band routers) and there is an unstated limit on the characters you can use in the detailed description. You just delete bits unit the "submit" button works!
Options
2013-03-06 23:26:30
seems a bit lame i agree :(
Options
2013-03-08 19:39:50
Got a reply from Tecnical Support. In addition of some "stock" information they send there is a tip:
Try to disable Hardware NAT, like I have already tried with no result, but disabling at the same time 2.4GHz WMM on wireless->wireless advanced.

Here the text of the message:
Thank you very much for your email requesting information about our product.

Please help to check below:
1. When trying to disble the hardware NAT, did you also disable 2.4GHz WMM?

You can try to do it on wireless->wireless advanced to disable it.

2. If you disable 5GHz, will the 2.4GHz wireless and LAN connection stable?

3. Or if you leave dual band ON, will 5GHz stable even 2.4GHz is not stable?

4. If the 2.4GHz wifi drop, can you stay connected on LAN?

If you need any further help, please feel free to let me know.
To get technical support more quickly, please go to http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq
Best Regards
Options
2013-03-08 19:56:54
well at least you got a reply have you tried what they advised? i looked at my settings wmm and its box is ticked. in the guideline it tells you to leave enabled.
Options
2013-03-08 20:07:07
got the reply just now. Give me the time to check mate... ;)
Anyway, speaking about questions 2 - 3 - 4, they already have my replies since I wrote them on first message I send.
Let's see but again: what's the point to have an advanced dual band router if you can't use 5ghz or NAT? :confused:
Options
2013-03-08 20:19:18
very true well i would ask for a replacement if what they suggested does not work. tp link should replace the unit under warranty if its not working proper. i had a pair of homeplugs that went faulty a few weeks ago over 6 mths old and it was replaced within a week. tplink customer service was excellent.
Options
2013-03-12 00:46:36
My-my... that EMail looks familiar.

Of all the settings they've asked me to check, none of them make a difference. They also asked me to try with different WiFi security settings. I used my HP wireless printer for the tests, since the router stubbornly refuses to allow it to connect anymore.

Using WEP: Printer connects
Using Unsecured: Printer connects

Use WPA: Printer fails to connect.

No response yet from them. All I keep getting is out of office replies now!
Options
2013-03-15 03:34:42
I just got mine set up yesterday, bummed that only my two Apple computers see the 5.0. I was hoping the xbox 360 would and Roku for streaming and online playing, but that's something else. My issue is this, I need the dual band because everything is run on wifi so even getting the apple products off the 2.4 is good. I have 2 computers, 2 cell phones, Ipad, roku, and xbox 360. Will prob be adding another computer soon as well. So my 2.4 has issues, but after messing with it all day today so far I have found this issue. It only has the issue when I try to connect my android phones...they connect to the network but get no service, no internet AND they block service to my other devices. If my phone is connected to the network, nothing else will connect. So if I don't use my phone on wifi it seems to work ok, at least has so far. I even tried assigning static IP to my phone still has the same issue. I will be upgrading my phone and losing my unlimited data, so I will need to use wifi daily on my phone and need this to work. If it wont, I'll have to return the TP-Link and get something else I guess. WIll there be a fix for this issue, or is there it seems it is a common issue many people are having. Maybe I'll just have to go back to my slow linksys.
Options
2013-03-19 19:06:00
Not much of an update:

I'm still waiting for a response to my Tech Support query. All I keep getting is Out of Office responses!
Options
2013-03-26 19:41:26
I asked to tech support if there is a backdoor to access the router via ssh or telnet so I can do an automated script to access the router for resetting it at night to reduce wifi 2.4 issue during day. I know this is just a workaroud but I rebooted the router for two weeks every night and I had just one drop.

Here's the answer:

Hi effelle,

Sorry for any delay and inconvenience caused.
TL-WDR3600 does not support to access via telnet or ssh.

And regarding the wifi drop off issue on 2.4GHz, we are working on it.
Thanks for your time and patience.
Any further feedbacks are appreciated, your feedbacks are very important for us.
Thanks!

If you need any further help, please feel free to let me know.
To get technical support more quickly, please go to http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq
Best Regards
---------------------------------------------
Beth FU
Technical Support Engineer
TP-LINK TECHNOLOGIES CO., LTD.
E-mail:beth.fu@tp-link.com

So there is a possibility of a new update soon...
Options
Related Articles