Can't use my Wi-Fi printer with Archer C6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-19 12:15:37 - last edited 2019-10-19 12:19:23
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20190115 rel.74609(5255)

I own Ricoh SP212Nw wireless printer, it worked well with both my old wireless router. But now it can't work with Archer C6.

I tried to connect the printer to the network both by using WPS button and by entering wifi password in printer setup tool while it's connected by USB cord to PC. And it looks to be connected over Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi button light is on.

But the printer is not present in the list of connected devices. Secondly, according to printer monitoring tool, it gets IP starting with 169.254 and can't be accessed over the network to print.

Obviously Archer C6 is to blame. What's wrong with it?

If nobody can solve it, I'll have to bring Archer back to the store.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't use my Wi-Fi printer with Archer C6
2019-12-26 22:40:40

@MikeFender  I have similar problem with Archer C9 and Epson XP640 printer (the difference is I can See my printer in client list but it is not accesible from any device). In my case it helps to restar router when printer is on - this solution isn't perfect and helps only for a while - switching printer off = restart router to be able see printer in network. 

Options
2021-01-19 13:29:13

@MikeFender Guys I was also struggling with WIFI Printer and @DanEE found the solution.

Well... It worked for me.

DanEE said "THE WIFI DIRECT NEEDS TO BE TURNED OFF"

I went into the printer settings (SAMSUNG M2070FW), switched off the WIFI DIRECT.

Then on PC with SAMSUNG EASY WIRELESS PRINTER, selected the WIFI connection from (TP-LINK ARCHER C9), at some point  it proposed to start the WIFI direct, I UNSELECTED WIFI DIRECT.

I printed a test page from my Wife's Mac Book and it worked. 

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

TP-LINK Archer C9
Options
2022-02-22 05:55:47 - last edited 2022-02-22 05:57:40

The problem is finally solved, my printer connected wirelessly. 

Before trying to connect this time, I updated printer firmware (from Ricoh support website).

Then I just pressed printer Wi-Fi button for 2 sec and then the router WPS button. And in a half a minute the printer connected, its IP in DHCP clients list.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2126

Replies: 3