How to determine if powerline backhaul is working on Deco P9?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to determine if powerline backhaul is working on Deco P9?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
135 Reply
Re:How to determine if powerline backhaul is working on Deco P9?
2023-04-11 15:17:42

@FrankSobotka 

I emailed tplink support last night and they sent me the latest firmware for v1 and V2 P9s. They also confirmed that they are still be actively supported 🤔

https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202106/20210628/Deco_P9_V1_V2_1.1.3_20210616_Backhaul.zip

I tried to upgrade 2 of my P9 AP's but it just showed success and nothing else (I even reset 1 AP to see if that worked and it didn't) and a 3rd upgraded fine to the beta link you had and rebooted and then upgraded the new beta I have OK too but my other 2 won't upgrade. I plugged my laptop into the back and turned off my laptop WiFi too as it says to not do via WiFi.

My main P9 is also my router, so I haven't even tried to upgrade that yet.

Is there anyway to force an upgrade?

Thanks in advance 

Martyn

Options
2023-04-12 06:07:40
I don‘t know what should be different on an 2 year old Firmware. I have uploaded this to my P9 and only see this date as difference. But you habe to upgrade from your Mesh-Master Webui!
Options
2023-07-15 11:26:50

I just got a Deco P9 a few weeks ago, I had to buy from an amazon seller in Spain to get it at a decent price. That probably should have been the first red flag. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not having the connection issues I was having before with the garbage cogeco router/modem combo. But this firmware issue is a joke. I just want to be able to see that PLC backhaul is working properly, and to have control over WiFi backhaul. The other issues cited by users are important as well, especially UPnP. 

I might return this while I still have the chance. It's just unfortunate that no one else has released a powerline wifi combo. 

Options
2023-07-15 18:44:33

@DGPR27 

I would definitely return the P9 set if you still have the chance.

This discussion on P9 backhaul has been ongoing for well over three years. In fact it will soon be four years since the 1st post.

And in all this time, I am still not convinced tp-link have got the system working s it should.

Options
2023-08-22 02:38:18

@lohr500 There should be a lawsuit on how badly these devices work and how poorly they've been supported by the manufacturer.

Options
Related Articles