Static pop noise with JBL Link 20 Speaker logged in With a Deco M9.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Static pop noise with JBL Link 20 Speaker logged in With a Deco M9.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
47 Reply
Re:Static pop noise with JBL Link 20 Speaker logged in With a Deco M9.
2020-11-17 19:08:56

@HarmHH Return and buy Google Nest Wifi mesh solution. No issues whatsoever.

Options
2021-01-21 01:19:36

@0046247 

Just want to confirm on this thread, I have the same exact problem. Have had a Google enabled multi room speaker setup for years, no issues. Google homes, home minis, Polk audio assist, JBL Links, and a HK citation one. Once I switched to the TP Link M9 plus mesh system I get nothing but crackles and pops through the JBL and HK speakers when using them as a speaker group. Play them individually, no problem. Something w/ the combination of settings on the TP link deco system and the JBL - Harman Kardon speakers don't jive well. Still no solutions? I might just go to the Google mesh solution like all the others recommend... Looking for any suggestions unless scrapping the TP link is my only option. 

Options
2021-01-22 18:34:26

Same issue here.  Small static pop every second after I'm done playing music from Pandora.  I don't hear it while playing music, only when I tell google to stop playing music.   I have to turn the Link 20 off then back on again to make it stop.  This just started about a month ago.  

Using Ubiquiti AC-Pro wifi.  It has a strong enough signal to it as it's only 25 feet away from the access point.  

Options
2021-03-03 09:51:12

So I don't have a JBL, but two Harman Kardon Citation One in stereo, two Google Nest Audio in stereo, and the crackling popping noises still occur, mostly when chromecasting to a group. Hence, the issue is not isolated to the JBL.

I have a Deco M4, that's where the problem started. I decided to buy the Deco X20 to test if it still occured (with Wifi6). It was pretty good for a couple of weeks but then, indeed again when casting to a larger group (HK citation one stereo set and nest audio set, four speakers in total) and the crackling popping started again. I returned the X20s and using the M4 again, but not in a group. I'm going to buy a mesh router set of Asus Zenwifi (or anything but TP) to see if it happens again and return the M4 under guarantee. 

Keep you posted. 

Options
2021-03-12 21:50:19

Same problem here. Since I have replaced all my devolo access points by Deco M9 I have these cracking noises in my jbl link 20 :(

I am disgusted... I bought 4 Deco M9 to fully cover the house (370€) and all are connected also via their detergent backhaul... so the bandwidth should be far from insufficient! I measure 60Mbps on the WiFi with my tablet, next to the jbl location...

no issue with my various Google home mini and Chromecast audio.

Options
Re: Static pop noise with Harman Audio (JBL/Harman Kardon/etc.) casting on a TP Link network
2021-03-15 09:49:08

So I discovered that JBL and Harman Kardon are from the same parent company Harman Audio, which explains a lot. I already knew that the static pop noise problem wasn't limited to just the JBL Link speaker (where most have this problem), because I have the same but with Harman Kardon Citation One speaker, more specifically when casting to a group (including Nest Audio). 

Hence, this must be an issue that occurs through a combination of TP link (mesh) routers (software) (I tried Deco M4 and X20) and casting to speakers from Harman Audio brands to a chromecast (group). That surely must be enough for developers to fix this ridiculous problem right??! 

Options
2021-08-11 06:01:51

Is there any update here? I am using an Archer VR400 with a JBL Link 20 and the cracking/popping noise is infuriating. The noise sometimes starts even when nothing is playing (like in the middle of the night). I have a number of Google Home devices linked in a group and also new and old Chromecasts on the network.

Options
Related Articles