Assign Sonos speakers to one Deco M9???

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-13 14:58:14 - last edited 2020-08-20 05:51:08
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: The latest available in Sweden

Hello!

Is there somehow possible to assign a Sonos speaker to one specific M9 unit. 

I have 3 Deco M9 in my house and ALL my Sonos speakers are connect to my M9 in my livingroom. Dispite that the distance is shorter to other M9 units.

I mean wouldnt it be better if they were connected to different units that are closer to the speakers, to spread them out? So my M9 in my livingroom doesnt get an overload?

I'm really not in to these things so go easy on me please! 

Help is much appreciated.

//David

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Assign Sonos speakers to one Deco M9???-Solution
2020-08-20 05:51:04 - last edited 2020-08-20 05:51:08

@Davidian 

Hello,

Sorry to tell you that there is no option to force connect to a particular Deco yet. While we have noted that and will improve this feature in future firmware updates, please be more patient with that.

Theoretically, the Deco system will recommend the client device to roam to the closest Deco unit when the device is moving around. However, whether to roam or not depends on the device itself.

Some devices may stay connected to the original Deco unit rather than connecting to the closest Deco, possible reasons include the following:

1) The device doesn't support the roaming protocol. Then it won't roam until it disconnects from the Deco unit.

2) The device may regard the signal strength of the current connection is still strong enough and don't want to roam to another Deco unit. It's decided by the roaming threshold which is set by the vendor of the device.

For more detail about fast roaming, you may check below:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/180194

Hopefully, that answers your question but let us know if you need more details.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Assign Sonos speakers to one Deco M9???-Solution
2020-08-20 05:51:04 - last edited 2020-08-20 05:51:08

@Davidian 

Hello,

Sorry to tell you that there is no option to force connect to a particular Deco yet. While we have noted that and will improve this feature in future firmware updates, please be more patient with that.

Theoretically, the Deco system will recommend the client device to roam to the closest Deco unit when the device is moving around. However, whether to roam or not depends on the device itself.

Some devices may stay connected to the original Deco unit rather than connecting to the closest Deco, possible reasons include the following:

1) The device doesn't support the roaming protocol. Then it won't roam until it disconnects from the Deco unit.

2) The device may regard the signal strength of the current connection is still strong enough and don't want to roam to another Deco unit. It's decided by the roaming threshold which is set by the vendor of the device.

For more detail about fast roaming, you may check below:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/180194

Hopefully, that answers your question but let us know if you need more details.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 688

Replies: 1