Archer AX6000 5Ghz stops working after app. 1 day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX6000 5Ghz stops working after app. 1 day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
351 Reply
Re:Archer AX6000 5Ghz stops working after app. 1 day
2020-01-09 07:47:21

@broxtor 

hi can u send me the link of beta firmware for tp link archer ax6000.thank u

Options
2020-01-13 20:57:00

Useful information!

I dont run the beta firmware, just the latest stock from august 2019. What I have observed is that whenever I start doing anything which even theoretically can touch DFS channels (beyond channel >48) the router could loose the 5 GHz band. Example cases:
1) Just playing around with settings and switching channels in UI and after 2-3 channel changes in DFS range the 5 GHz band drops and reboot is needed. (probaly set same channel as my neigbours have their AP on)
2) In auto channel / and width mode router looses 5 GHz in ~ 1 day (as others, quite random)
3) I was able to run channel 36 with 160 MHz width (fixed) for 3 weeks - then it dissapeared (half of the channel width in DFS zone, thats why I believe it dissapeared in the end!).
4) Currently running channel 36 (fix) + 80 MHz (fix) for second week and it seems I dont have issues as the smaller channel fits into non-DFS zone.

Interesting questions:

1) What will happen if I force 160 channel width and set fixed channel and now AP finds that channel is not clean ? It should stop working as I wont allow it to switch to another channel ?

2) If channel width is auto and channel auto and AP extends width to 160 MHz (2 channel available) or uses 80 MHz bands in DFS (there are only 4 80 mhz channels available) and then sees no vacant space, will it be able to reduce channel width and/or switch to a channel in non DFS zone even if here could be a neighbouring wifi present ? Asking because maybe router gets stuck trying to get away from DFS and also sees interference in non-DFS channels.

My enviroment is rather clean but still has 1-2 5GHz channels from neighbours in air. My presumption is that the dissapearance is related to radar detection (DFS). This could be false alarm from neighbour wifi interference. The problem is the router is unable to recover or finish this DFS channel change properly. Whatever the reason this is now up to TP-Link to comment and hopefully fix.

btw. If I could get this bet firmware as well it would be nice. Maybe I have time to play around with it and give some feedback.

Options
2020-01-13 22:46:17 - last edited 2020-01-13 22:48:30

I have scond or third week with 160 Mhz channel width fixed and channel no 44 fixed. Additionally scheduled router reset weekly on monday in the night. So far no problems any more with 5GHz Wifi. BTW. Check Your mailbox.

Options
2020-01-15 18:27:59

Another update!

The beta firmware is sort of stable but i found another big problem. Namely I am using the ax6000 device in AP mode so that non of the router functions are available. But it turns out that many of the advanced options that are visible in Router mode are not visible in web ui when in AP mode. What I am missing certainly are: LED off option, Scheduled restart of router, Advanced wifi settings, CPU load indicators etc. I perfectly understand that some things are not controllable in AP mode but many things that are hidden are perfectly legit also in AP mode. This problem is present also in the beta firmware (dec 2019)  that I am running currently.

Options
2020-01-17 19:48:55

Kevin_Z

Could also e-mail me the beta firmware for the AX6000?

TIA

Options
2020-01-18 13:46:21

I’m having the same issue @Kevin_Z 

Options
2020-01-27 09:53:38

@broxtor Has there been any progress on this issue? I'm having a similar issue which I think might be related to the issues you people are having.

Whenever I start my AX6000 the 5 Ghz band works excellent for a few days. Afterwards the speed absolutely collapses to barely 1 Mbps. The only way to solve this is to restart the router, after which it will work again for maybe a few hours or a few days. It all feels very random.

While the speed is so low, wired connections work just fine. I haven't tried the 2.4 Ghz band, because I have disabled that one. 2.4 Ghz is ridiculously crowded where I live so it will always be slow. Meanwhile the LED indicator on top of the router stays its usual blue. 

I have heard people talk about a beta firmware. Is there any chance I can try that one?

Options
2020-01-27 13:06:50

@JurisLLM 

try to manual set the channel width on 80Mhz and the channel on 40 or 44. And let the router restart itself everynight. I had the same problems and then solved it for me. I'm using the beta firmware.

I think its related to the problem/question as SvenL mentioned above. Good luck

Options
2020-01-27 13:21:23

@JurisLLM 

Since I have the beta firmware running I have not had a single issue again. I'm running on auto settings and I'm not rebooting automatically.

But I'm not sure that this is because of the firmware. It was my understanding that this firmware only has logging enabled en no other changes. Is that right @Kevin_Z ?

If there were changes, can the beta firmware be pulled out of beta? The watermark is quite "Loud" so to say.

Options
2020-01-29 21:09:38

I've had this router for roughly 3 weeks and have been experiencing the same problem have to restart modem every few days have tried all the temp fixes without success and would like to try the beta firmware if possible?

Options
Related Articles