Please help! Newbie and technophobe

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-13 09:50:06
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone. I have registered in the hope that someone can assist. 

I've tried searching previous threads which have not answered my question or are written by people who have far greater technical knowhow than I do and I don't understand the answer.

In short I have a Vodafone wifi router but my house doesn't have a great signal throughout. I have therefore purchased two TP Link TL-850WA extenders in the house that I can connect wirelessly and having placed the two devices into sockets I can have all round coverage. Sounds simple!

I have followed the instructions to connect the devices wirelessly to my router using the WPS button on both. I did one unit first, unplugged and then did the second. Both appeared to have connected eventually although did take a couple of attempts on each.

Having then plugged in the devices and switched them both on they both light up and show good signal strength.

However when I search on my mobile devices for wifi I can only detect one extender (_EXT) 

When I try and log into that extender using my router password it states that it is incorrect! Because of this I have tried alternative ways to get into the tp link manager of the extender using the app but because the password is incorrect I still cannot connect. 

Can anyone please help with instructions on how to 

1) set up multiple extenders ( I haven't made any settings changes so would need step by step if that's needed!) and 

2) resolve the 'incorrect password' issue when I know it is the correct one that I'm entering as I can connect directly to the WiFi router when in range. ( Is just the extenders that are the issue)

Sorry to be a pain but could do with some help so hoping someone will explain rather than point in another direction.

New and embarrassed but grateful in hopeful advance....

Derren

new and embarrassed 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 402

Replies: 0