Router VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Router VPN
Router VPN
2019-11-16 18:44:49 - last edited 2021-04-19 11:43:25
Model: AP200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I would like to install your router VPN TL 600VPN

I wrote above Model AP200 because I cannot write TL 600VPN in the Box.

As I already told I want install this router vpn to give the same IP adress to all components in home ( expecially TV, because I am Italian and I live in Hungary so, with VPN Italian servers thinks that I am in Italy end not in Hungary and I will be able to access at Italian Films etc.

I already have vpn app on computer in my network, but I cannot work with italians dadabase of films because in TV arrive Ungarian HP

I read how to install router vpn, but i didn't read on istructions agout how set country that I prefer show .

So I ask you: Mai I will set italian country on TLR600 VPN router that I will buy?

Thanks in advance and exuse me for my english

Smiraglia Giovanni

Options
4 Reply
Re:Router VPN
2019-11-19 09:22:03 - last edited 2021-04-19 11:43:25

@Giannis1951 

No, man, you are missing the difference between VPN-services and VPN-tunnels. You need some services, which can route you through the country you need. I use expantions for Google Chrome, which are free (Touch VPN, frigate). There are also a lot of VPN providers for money. You do not need even to have any VPN-routers.

This router is usually used to create static tunnel between two points. If you have the same Router in Italy, you can configure static VPN between by yourself and everybody will think you are from Italy. Something like this. So, these services provide a lot of such routers across the whole worls.

Options
2019-11-19 10:36:50 - last edited 2021-04-19 11:43:25

@Mitya 

Thank you, Mitya. I understand your explanation.

But I ask for your help. I live in Hungary, and with a computer that I use I've already bought a VPN that hides my Hungarian IP with an Italian IP and I am able to connect everywhere in Italy, without problems.

But with TV I cannot hide my IP address because TV connects with the network before the computers, so I need a VPN exactly after the router. In this way, all houses see the same IP and also TV. It is necessary that I explain to you some things. I see perfectly live TV because I have a satellite dish and satellite is not able to understand where I am. For satellite is the same thing if I am in Italy or Alaska or Sudan.
But sometimes I need to connect with the server of TV Channels to download some old Television programs. But to connect with servers I do not use parabola, but internet connections, so it is necessary that immediately after router I install another router who changes my real IP wit an Italian IP. Exactly what does VPK in the computer, but immediately after router.
A VPN router is not able to help me with my problem?
If not, How can I solve the problems?
Many thanks for your attention

Smiraglia Giovanni

Options
2019-11-19 11:27:42 - last edited 2021-04-19 11:43:25

@Giannis1951 

If you have Android TV, then just install some VPN apps or check for some vpn plugins.

If your PC has 2 network cards, you can connect TV directly to your PC and configure routing between interfaces. I do not see, how router can help you.

Options
2021-08-13 12:17:14

The TL-AP200 has a built in VPN which allows it to distribute secure internet traffic among multiple WAN connections. It creates a single logical 'private' network, known as the Tunnel Group, with private addresses rather than public IP addresses such as those on your LAN or Wi-Fi. The AP200 also opens up port forwarding for corresponding devices and if desired can use NAT overflow to allow multiple users on the same subnet.

This firmware is specially designed to work with diverse set top boxes, gaming consoles, smart TVs and home media players but may be used across all popular OS including Windows XP/7/8, Apple Mac OS X 10.4 - 10.14*, Linux Ubuntu

Italy law enforcement agencies have a history of demanding that companies hand over encryption keys, and it has been reported that Apple refused points to the "white guy in charge" device.
There is an article about best vpn for turkey on pcworld if you're interested and this link to tomatovpn might be helpful as well. 
A VPN protects your privacy by encrypting all the data going between your computer and the internet so that nobody can spy or take advantage of what you do online. All information about websites visited, emails sent, pictures downloaded--in other words everything that happens using your connection--will be kept safe from prying eyes.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1100

Replies: 4

Related Articles