Android TV won't connect to WIFI when MESH functionality is turned on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Android TV won't connect to WIFI when MESH functionality is turned on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
32 Reply
Re:Android TV won't connect to WIFI when MESH functionality is turned on
2020-07-31 13:31:14

@Kevin_Z Why not update the software to allow us to not send 802.11/r to selected devices. This is what Synology offers in their mesh UI to solve for this problem and it works great.

Options
Re:Android TV won't connect to WIFI when MESH functionality is turned on
2021-02-27 13:12:54

As of this week fast roaming works with my TV. My TV hasn't had an update for more than a year, so I'm assuming something within the Deco Firmware changed for the better.

I have 3 Deco M9 Plus at home and I noticed my RING doorbell would often connect to the Deco unit which is farthest away. No clue why, but the doorbell (battery build in) doesn't have the option to reconnect. So I tried to turn on fast roaming this week and I forgot to turn it off after the doorbell connected to the closest Deco. 

Today I realized that my TV has been connected to the WIFI which it wouldn't do before with fast roaming enabled. So it looks like all my devices work now with fast roaming enabled. 

I'm hoping this is permanent :)

Deco M9 Plus - Firmware 1.5.1 Build 20210126 Rel. 62679

Options
Related Articles