QNAP NAS no longer found via QFINDERPRO

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-24 00:23:04
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.9.8

I've recently added a Deco M5 mesh system to my house.  Prior to adding the system everything with my QNAP TS431P was working perfectly.  I could access it through the web interface, I could find it in Qfinder Pro and I could map the drives to both my wifes Windows 10 laptop and my Macbook pro and time machine was backing up.  Since installing the Deco I can only access the NAS via the web brower.  Qfinder Pro no longer finds the NAS and the mapped network drives don't work and time machine hasn't backed up.

The message below comes up through Qfinder Pro, I'm not sure how to action other than I've checked and it appears that both the NAS and deco and computer are all on the same subnet.  The NAS seems to be booted, and when I turn off the Antivirus on the Deco it makes no difference.  

I'm a novice otherwise and have no idea where to go.  Please any help would be appreciated. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:QNAP NAS no longer found via QFINDERPRO
2019-11-24 08:09:08 - last edited 2019-11-24 08:09:53

@MichaelT maybe you put M5 as router mode and QNAP still back of main m5.

You try put QNAP into m5 ethernet port.

How is your network topology?

Options
Re:QNAP NAS no longer found via QFINDERPRO
2020-01-02 23:38:28
I've got 2 NAS's: TS-212P TS-251 Both NAS's are not visible on either QNAP QFinderPro or via a web browser (chrome or edge) or even in windows explorer Networks in Windows 10. TS-251 - I can connect to \\nas\download :) TS-212P - \\nas2\download doesn't work :( Deco is running as 192.168.68.1 Both NAS's ping on 192.168.68.113 and 192.168.68.110 so on same subnet. Deco software sees both NAS's in device list. Any advice on getting everything working. Am considering moving NAS's back to the router and assigning IPs there (losing access via the Deco) and see if there's anything I can change on the QNAP end, perhaps NAS might need an update. Regards Tam
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 7184

Replies: 2

Related Articles