Tl-wa830re

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tl-wa830re

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tl-wa830re
Tl-wa830re
2012-12-31 06:53:27
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA830RE

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.12.17 Build 111108 Rel.31187n

ISP : Xilo

I have to say this is the most unreliable wireless product I have owned. Abosutely terrible!!

We are on our second one now, after being advised to return the first one to amazon for an exchange. Sadly, the same problem exists, which kind of suggests the problem is with the design of the hardware or the software of this router itself!!

So... the problems:

1- Windows Network or Homegroup sharing. This is a no go. If you are trying to connect a computer that connects wirelessly to the range extender, to a computer that is connected to the inital router, it does not work and if it does it transfers files (before breaking connection after a few mins) at a few kpbs!!!

2- The range extender often looses connectivity to the internet. When roaming on my phone and my phone connects to the extender instead of the original router, there is sometimes no internet.

I am a very computer savvy person and have tried everything, but I am at my wits end now. The wireless router/modem i am connected to is the TD-W8961ND and there are no network share problems if all clients are connected directly through this. The problem only appears when connecting to a client or the other way round with the range extender in the equation.

So what can I do to troubleshoot this that I haven't already done?

- Changed Channels.
- Powered Cycled both devices.
- Reset both devices to default and reconfigured
- Set the access point IP manually on the range extender.

At the moment i have it set up so the dhcp server is inactive on the range extender and my router is serving ip address for those clients.

Is there anything more I can do?

I wish it was just simply plug and play like they advertise...or maybe tp-link just didn't test with windows sharing?
Options
9 Reply
Re:Tl-wa830re
2012-12-31 10:45:45
“ if it does it transfers files (before breaking connection after a few mins) at a few kpbs!!!”

Maybe the TL-WA830RE is not setup properly.
What is the IP address of your root router and the WA830RE now ?
Can you ping the IP of the TL-WA830RE ?
Is the signal on your remote devices more stronger than before ? Is the RE LED light on the WA830RE on ?
Options
2013-01-06 07:03:18
The TL-WA830RE is 192.168.1.199 and my router 192.168.1.254. The gateway on the TL-WA830RE is set as my routers ip: 192.168.1.254.

I can ping and access the web ui fine.

Yes the signal is stronger and I can tell with wifi analyzer on my phone the two different router signals around the house.

Yes the light is on.

Just not sure what else I can try. I have also tried with another router and the problem still exists with Homegroup, although traditional network shares are more reliable.

Microsoft say wireless bridges shouldn't effect sharing, but I am not sure TP-Link thought of homegroup when they designed the range extender. So frustrating!!
Options
2013-01-06 07:19:58
My extender is doing the same thing and showing 2 separate networks with the same name now instead of showing one like it is supposed to.
Options
2013-01-16 18:56:04
Well I have had a bit of success since I made the first post. Trying a different router from the TD-W8961ND I found that the sharing problem didn't exist. So for some reason there is a problem linking the two products together, but not when using a non-tplink router.
Options
2013-01-16 20:00:19

sm00thpapa wrote

My extender is doing the same thing and showing 2 separate networks with the same name now instead of showing one like it is supposed to.

Place your extender in a location where you get a bad signal from your root router for a test.
Options
2013-01-16 21:23:23

Dodgexander wrote

Well I have had a bit of success since I made the first post. Trying a different router from the TD-W8961ND I found that the sharing problem didn't exist. So for some reason there is a problem linking the two products together, but not when using a non-tplink router.

1. Move TL-WA830RE a little loser to TD-W8961ND to test. The best location is between your router and wirless clients.
2. Adjust angel of attennas on range extender.
3. Enable ping watch dog for a try.
Options
2013-02-11 09:22:02
I have the exact same problem as the one described in this thread. I have a TD-W8961ND Router and an TL-WA830RE Range Extender connected to it. Some devices can use Wireless, while some other cannot. I have another TL-WA830RE setup with a different Router (TP-Link as well) and it works fine. Where you able to solve this problem?
Options
2013-02-17 04:49:27

sm00thpapa wrote

if ur using INSSIDER or any other sniffer for Network check, the answer is YES, u suppose to see 2 Networks.

To be able to answer post #1 u guys never posted Security used WEP or WAP etc. this toys have issues with WEP, changing router had solved the prob. to some.

On the other hand this toys, sometimes r crying babies to solve it, reset tengo default and config. and config. as times needed untill it works.
Options
Range extender mode produces 2 networks
2014-01-19 18:27:43
I have this problem. Lots of people on this forum claim that it should produce a single network; but it does not. Is this an error, or not?

In my case, the extender was placed between the main router and an area of weak signal. Thus my office computer and my Smart TV find themselves in different networks, which makes file sharing and beaming via DNLA a bit complicated. I can get around the problem by ensuring that both sharing partners are logged on to the same part of the network (provided the signal strength is adequate.

But I return to my first question (ideally to be answered by a moderator): Am I supposed to have 2 separate networks or one larger network?

KW
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1004

Replies: 9

Related Articles