Network connection through Ethernet port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-01 09:14:47
Region : Greece

Model : TL-WA730RE

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Good day to everyone and happy new year. A friend of mine wants to buy the TL-WA730RE and initially he wants to secure that through the Ethernet port of the specific device can connect his PC to his home network. To be more specific, the range extender will be connected on the network wirelessly (on a modem/router), and the computer will connect to the network from the Ethernet port of the WA730RE with an Ethernet cable. Is this setup going to work? Thanks in advance for the answers.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Network connection through Ethernet port
2013-01-01 13:40:24
Sure you can. Set it up as Range Extender mode.
Options
2013-01-01 14:08:30
I was sure I can. I asked it here to be 100% sure, because this friend of mine that wants to enable the configuration, was given an answer by someone else that the Ethernet port of WA730RE was only for setup use or something like WAN. He was so definite that suggested my friend to buy another device (like TL-WA701ND) instead of WA730RE to do his job. What do you have to say about this opinion?
Options
2013-01-01 14:58:34
100% sure. I have an extender TL-WA830RE which is hard wired to my desktop. And it works perfectly.
Options
2013-01-01 15:45:09
Hi;
You can definitely use WA730RE for your solution. Also TL-WA701ND works perfect in this solution. In my opinion TL-WA701ND is a better solution because it can works under client mode. Consider that client mode is the answer of your question.
"the DEVICE will be connected on the network wirelessly (on a modem/router), and the computer will connect to the network from the Ethernet port of the DEVICE with an Ethernet cable"
This device is an access point with client mode.

The range extender also repeat the wireless signal that have benefits in some solution but in your solution its better to focus the power of the device on getting the signal from the wireless network.

GOOD DAY and happy new year!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 705

Replies: 4

Related Articles