Deco M9 Plus v2 firmware not possible to update and are missing features compared to v1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 Plus v2 firmware not possible to update and are missing features compared to v1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
354 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus v2 firmware not possible to update and are missing features compared to v1
2020-06-15 16:11:35

@deechte you can't have less features then the M9

Options
Re:Deco M9 Plus v2 firmware not possible to update and are missing features compared to v1
2020-06-16 00:40:03

@deechte on a technical level, they are the same AC2200 with backhaul band. Features wise velop is similar to the M9 but has all the features that M9 is missing like device details, web UI, etc

Options
2020-06-16 06:03:07 - last edited 2020-06-16 06:12:24

@goodgoat thank you. Same level of control via app? Parental control?

[edit] if I interpret the Play Store description well, a monthly subscription is needed to get a level of parental control similar to M9's.

Options
2020-06-17 08:02:59 - last edited 2020-06-17 08:07:05

@deechte I had a velop (WHW0301 WiFi AC2200) and I had several problems... The speed was higher than with M9. They were doing mesh all the time. The main problem was sometimes they disconected from each other... Even if you put all of them in the same room following a line, sometimes one will disconect. I called velop and they didn't know why that was happening. I had 5 of them, so I think they had some software failure. I also had another problem, Sometimes if you are next to one velop it needed lots of time to change the wifi signal. For example I was far away from the main velop, near the living room's velop and I was still connected to the main velop with the 2.4gb network. If I wanted to change to the 5g living room's signal I had to turn off the wifi and turn it on again (in my phone settings), that happend with more than one phone (I tried iPhone X and OnePlus 7 Pro).

I don't recommend them. 

I'm thinking of buying some ASUS (they have mesh too) like the AX11000, AX6100.

Options
2020-06-17 11:55:00

Thank you @Fabiaanng for taking the time to write down your experiences, that helps!

So I guess every brand has its own problems.

Options
2020-06-17 12:13:15 - last edited 2020-06-18 06:32:17

@deechte 

i brought back my decos and bought ubiquiti.

1. accespoint (neccesary)

2. Cloud key to manage your Network without the use of a pc (optional)

3. a POE switch (optional) the accespoints are shipped with poe adapters

4. Router(optional)

its not plug and play but once you have figured it out its very good manageable. You can acces a details view on your Network Health, like the coverage per device (percentile).

altough its a little bit more expensive then the decos when you buy al the options, you need less accespoint to cover the space.

I went from 5 decos to 1 Ubiquiti and i have almost got the Same coverage. I have to admit that i have to buy one more unit to cover some uncovered spots in the living room. On the other hand: i dont need AN extra outside AP to connect my ring devices.

the only downside to ubiquiti is the lack of parental control. There are Some workarounds by creating an extra SID with timeframes.

Options
2020-06-17 12:41:24

Thank you too, @Bazzz!

Options
2020-06-17 12:45:46

Please, friendly reminder to stick to the topic.

And that is lack of firmware and functionality in m9 plus v2 compared to v1.

I am pretty sure there lots of other threads about comparisons with other products from other brands

Thanks 

Options
2020-06-17 22:42:06

I have had the m9 plus v1 two pack and then the kept disconnecting so I got it replaced by costco and they gave me a v2 instead. Used it for a bit and was wondering about a lack of features. Saw the Netgear Orbi RBK 23 for the same price and it's well worth it. I get better speeds and connectivity. Deco smart hub is practically a gimmic (yes i bought it for that and didn't even get to use it properly). I suggest people who can return this deco mesh system to get their money back. There won't be anymore support and you'll be left with a device that lacks features. Go with a company that actually has an inhouse software develpement team thats well funded otherwise you won't be able to do much. Not trying to talk down on the deco but i've been following this thread for so long (since Oct 2019) and its taking way too long for anything to happen. 

Options
2020-06-19 04:44:51
Options
Related Articles