Deco P9 keeps disconnecting from internet (Red light) but router still has internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9 keeps disconnecting from internet (Red light) but router still has internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
34 Reply
Re:Deco P9 keeps disconnecting from internet (Red light) but router still has internet
2020-09-05 02:17:05

Any solution of this yet?

My main Deco is getting disconnected at least twice a day. My main wifi is working perfectly fine, but its the DeCO which is getting disconnected 

Please help

Options
Re:Deco P9 keeps disconnecting from internet (Red light) but router still has internet
2020-10-16 13:18:35

@Scoredo 

EXACT SAME FOR ME-  MAIN DECO P9 KEEPS RED DOT DISCONNECTING FROM ROUTER EVEN WHEN LAN ATTACHED.  HAVE BOUGHT 2 NEW DECO MESH NETWORKS SINCE CRASHING STARTED A MONTH AGO - STILL EXACT SAME DISASTER.  GETTING NETGEAR ORBI PRO TOMORROW.  SHAME ON U TP-LINK FOR RELEASING A TOTAL MESS OF A PRODUCT. I WILL NEVER BUY A TP-LINK PRODUCT AGAIN. 

Options
2020-11-02 10:03:31

@MBahary 

Same issue here - started happening a few days ago. I have 3 P9s - Two in my house and one connected via Powerline to my garden office. Units in house are fine and internet connection is stable, but the one in my office has started dropping the connection about every 40 minutes or. I logged in this morning at 9:10 and all is fine, 9:31 - internet has dropped and P9 LED is flashing red. Leave for 5 minutes - still flashing red, so powered down and rebooted. Unit goes through the normal sequence (and this normally solves the problem), but today it then stays at a red flashing LED. The unit then rebooted itself with no intervention from me (at 9:40). Then stuck again at red flashing LED. So then another manual reboot at 9:45 - same reboot sequence and then just sitting there once again with red flashing LED. Finally at 9:58 - with no intervention from me it returns to solid white and connectivity is restored.

All units are running the latest firmware. I've had to replace one unit already, as it bricked during the firmware update. I will be returning this one if TP Link can't come up with a solution. It really is unacceptable to be releasing these products (this is not a new issue judging by the other posts here and on different threads) without proper development. The lack of support for AES wifi encryption was dreadful enough but now having an unstable product is just compounding the situation. Very very poor.

Options
Re:Deco P9 keeps disconnecting from internet (Red light) but router still has internet-Solution
2020-11-02 10:08:25 - last edited 2020-11-26 03:55:45

@MBahary I downloaded the new firmware and all issues have been solved

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-11-02 10:12:48

@PhilGates I'm using 1.1.2 Build 20200918 Rel. 74476 and the problems have started occurring with my unit since this downloaded a month or so ago. As far as I am aware - this is the latest firmware release

Options
2020-11-02 10:55:43

@ChrisLeppard I'm on Version 2.3.2 but can see from the Deco App that there is a new firmware update that was issued yesterday.

Options
2020-11-16 17:22:05

@PhilGates 

Does anybody know if there is already a solution for this mess?

My wife is about to kill me for losing internet continously!

thanks

Options
2020-11-26 01:42:27

@MBahary Anyone know if this is resolved now? I'm about to throw these away

Options
2020-11-26 10:44:29

@Indieshack 

Still outstanding as far as I know. Having similar thoughts, although struggling to find a similar setup - Devolo Magic2 looks promising as an alternative

Options
2021-04-12 11:44:58 - last edited 2021-04-12 11:52:58

@TP-Link_Deco 

Similar issue as the one described by the original poster. I have the tp-link Deco P9.

The main deco is in the basement (MAC: C0-C9-E3-OB-A6-7E) and two satellites, one on the ground floor (MAC: C0-C9-E3-OB-A4-FE) and one of the top floor (MAC: CO-C9-E3-OB-A5-D0).

The main deco is connected to the router. 

The satellites are connected via wifi with 2 out of 3 bars of signal strength and PLC and have been working perfectly until 11-04-2021.

The current version of the firmware installed is 1.1.3 Build 20201228 Rel. 55057.

Since 11-04-2021, the satellite on the top floor keeps losing signal every few minutes, flashing red before reconnecting again.

Rebooting the deco doesn't solve the issue and only fix seems to be to not use the deco's at all but instead connecting directly to the router which, provides a stable signal.

I hope you can help since the deco is more or less unusable as it is right now.

Options