Bridging IP cam

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Bridging IP cam

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Bridging IP cam
Bridging IP cam
2013-01-02 16:24:39
Region : Philippines

Model : TL-WA730RE

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.12.3 Build 100921 Rel.51406n

ISP : Pinoy Telecom

First of all, Happy New Year to all.
I'm bought a WA730RE in the understanding that I can use this to bridge my wired IP cam to my home wireless network. I can't seem to make it work. Am I wrong? If not how can I make it work. Thanks in advance.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Bridging IP cam
2013-01-02 17:21:24
Does the range extender LED light up? Does it work when the range extender is connected to your computer?
If not, i think it is not configured correctly. http://www.tplink.com/en/article/?faqid=357
Options
same issue. port is not forwarding from router
2013-01-12 04:28:16
I have the same need to bridge an IP camera. the range extender is configured correctly and from a PC connected inside the network I can access the camera with no problem. I am forwarding the port (81 in this case) to the static IP of the camera but when i try to access the camera from the outside it does not work. Another IP camera that is closer to the root router wifi and has similar configuration works fine when accessed from the internet.
Is there an issue with port forwarding over the range extender? do i need to do something specific on the root rooter?

thank you

yannis
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 564

Replies: 2