WiFi - Bluetooth interference

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-17 21:01:18 - last edited 2019-12-23 17:12:52
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: windows 10

I came across these days upon a frustrating problem. Whenever I turn on the WiFi, my Bluetooth stops working properly. For example, I have a Bluetooth mouse and Bluetooth headphones if I turn on the WiFi (not connecting to any wireless access points, even when I turned off every single WiFi capable device with which might interfere) my cursor just freezes and becomes unresponsive. After I turn off the WiFi, my mouse starts working straight away. It applies to all kinds of Bluetooth connections, like different smartphones. Can't establish a connection with any Bluetooth capable device. It's weird because I didn't have such problems before. Hope you can help me, I really don't know what to do. I tried updating drivers, install the drivers from my manufacturer's site, rebooting the laptop, turning off and on the Bluetooth / WiFi. I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 100-15iBD, Windows 10 up-to-date.

Please write your opinion. Now I am using my neighbors' network.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:WiFi - Bluetooth interference-Solution
2019-12-17 21:18:13 - last edited 2019-12-23 17:12:52

@rahmantutul Bluetooth sends signals over a 2.4GHz radiofrequency. This becomes tricky when other nearby devices are also using that frequency. Wi-Fi is perhaps the biggest and most problematic example, as are other Bluetooth receivers and devices, which can interfere with one another. That said, even microwaves can cause Bluetooth interference with your devices. So can 2.4GHz phones, wireless speakers, external monitors, baby monitors, and really any wireless device that uses Bluetooth technology. There are a few things you can try. For example, remove all barriers, this means no brick walls between you and your devices, and definitely no metal desks. Since Bluetooth communicates on 2.4GHz, try changing your router channel to 5GHz, this will help a lot, but you need to make sure that your wi-fi devices all support 5GHz operation. Lastly, try moving closer to the router.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:WiFi - Bluetooth interference-Solution
2019-12-17 21:18:13 - last edited 2019-12-23 17:12:52

@rahmantutul Bluetooth sends signals over a 2.4GHz radiofrequency. This becomes tricky when other nearby devices are also using that frequency. Wi-Fi is perhaps the biggest and most problematic example, as are other Bluetooth receivers and devices, which can interfere with one another. That said, even microwaves can cause Bluetooth interference with your devices. So can 2.4GHz phones, wireless speakers, external monitors, baby monitors, and really any wireless device that uses Bluetooth technology. There are a few things you can try. For example, remove all barriers, this means no brick walls between you and your devices, and definitely no metal desks. Since Bluetooth communicates on 2.4GHz, try changing your router channel to 5GHz, this will help a lot, but you need to make sure that your wi-fi devices all support 5GHz operation. Lastly, try moving closer to the router.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:WiFi - Bluetooth interference
2020-03-13 18:53:30 - last edited 2020-03-13 18:54:09

@Rossouw 

I fail to understand how moving CLOSER to router will reduce the interferance the router causes to bluetooth devices.

I am seeing a similar problem with my brand new Archer C5400x . I cannot send a file to computer from phone via bluetooth, does not connect. I can however send a file from computer (wired) to smartphone. Never had this problem with previous D-Link Dir-885 router. I also note that Logitech Unifying mouse 'sticks' once in a while. Will removing antennas on side of router closest to computer help?  Perhaps a sheet of aluminim between them?

Right now i have to Skype photos to my computer or wait for google photos to copy them.

Options
2020-03-14 13:27:27

@Genesis.Phrozen 

One would think the turning off Wifi with C5400x front panel switch would solve the interfernce with bluetooth problem. I tried, it didn't.

Options
2021-03-16 10:15:09

@rahmantutul Today we’ve seen how to fix interference issues between WiFi networks and Bluetooth devices, which may be really frustrating. Especially that Bluetooth is currently coming back in with BT speakers, smart bands, and IoT devices in general. Review about Mpow Flame Bluetooth Headphones

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 4487

Replies: 4

Related Articles