Any interest to have a M9 set over a M5 set if you have a full wired backhaul ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-20 12:56:46
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I'm planning to purchase a wifi mesh system (3-pack) from TP-Link with "flat design" thus M5 or M9,
Given that those devices will have a full wired backhaul, is there any interest (in term of wifi bandwith) to have a M9 over a M5 ...?
When i check the specs, i can see that the M9 is a M5 with addition of a dedicated 867 Mbps wifi AC channel as a "Wifi backhaul" instead of sharing the "public AC channel" ...

It is at least what I understood, there is however something not clear about the M9:
    If it is used in full wired backhaul configuration, can it use the 2nd 867 Mbps wifi AC as a "public" wifi channel ? and in such case will it give:

-2 independant (but hidden behind an unique SSID) 867 Mbps wifi channel (--> Wifi client will have at maximum a 867 Mbps connexion)
         - "Merged" channels (--> Wifi client will have at maximum a 1700 Mbps connexion)

Thank you!

Options