Deco M9 plus wifi connections dropping continuously

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 plus wifi connections dropping continuously

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
45 Reply
Re:Deco M9 plus wifi connections dropping continuously
2020-06-08 12:17:08

@Bader2001 
the same thing is happening to my Deco E4(2 pack). Bought today(08-06-2020). After setting it up I was noticing I was getting cut off from my Zoom call very frequently. Then I check the LED on the Main Deco, it was going RED for 2-3secs after every 4:50min(clocked it with a stopwatch). Getting really dissapointed.

Options
2020-06-11 23:11:45

@Kalle_A I have exactly the same issue WiFi mesh is unreliable and drops connection on WiFi all the time wired connection never lose connection on any of the three unit, the firmware needs fixing I would say memory leaks then it just fails and restarts then works again. I have not found a mesh router that works properly yet if you have let me know 

Options
2020-06-25 16:30:39

@tykra Are you saying they are discontinuing M9 plus V2? 

Options
2020-06-25 16:33:43
I agree! The support is hella slow. I have same problems with one of my cameras. I noticed one of the threads suggested that the devices were sporadically dropping when bit defender was on. I’m gonna turn off all the security features and test it for a a couple days and see if it makes any difference.
Options
2020-06-26 16:04:41

@Kalle_A 

Same issue, regular 30 second drops throughout the day. Have updated the firmware today (as the V2 only just has new FW) and even though functionality is a little better within the app there is still no Web GUI nor has it stopped the intermittent drop outs.

Also now I have better visibility of what is connected to what etc. I can see that the random connection of one deco to another is just ridiculous. The slaves seem to connect to the weakest deco vs the nearest (strongest) signal. I tried to fool one of the slave M9s by moving closer to the main deco but then bizarrely it caused another M9 (nearer but in between) to the keep losing its connection

Even more random is that the M9 connects to a M5 on a different floor but even further away (furthest point in the house) rather than a straight line of sight to the main.

Also I have noticed that even when moving from a room with a slave to the main (different floor) the signal does not switch on my wireless devices until i switch off and on the wifi on the device. This is the same with fast roaming on and off.

Overall for the cost of these units I have to say I am not feeling much love since installing and spending near £500 on them, TPs ability to fix (or even listen) to the complaints on these forums is also worryingly bad.

Options
2020-07-04 00:53:41 - last edited 2020-07-04 12:50:32

@Kalle_A Same thing happening here. Both with wired and WiFi connections. Works fine for a few minutes, then drops for a minute or so. I bought infrastructure for 6000 SEK or so, will return the whole piece of junk tomorrow.

Edit: When pulling the plug on the second unit (being hot as a toaster) eferything stabilized. So as long as you don't try the mesh functionality, it seems to work.

Edit 2: When disconnecting second unit from ethernet (i.e. no backhaul) it seems to work properly.

Options
2020-07-04 16:44:35

@nictry 

In the new firmware i have web ui

Options
2020-07-05 10:37:34

@SrDarkWarrior How did you get it to work, and which firmware are you on? I've got 1.4.0 Build 20200319 Rel. 55255 — and no web UI at all.

Options
2020-07-05 15:22:04
I’ve sent the m9 plus back for a refund, tried everything and now given up. Basically these devices don’t work, the keep channel hoping and interfere with Sky Q mini box network and the constantly drop out connection for 1 min every 70 mins or so. They also don’t have browser access to the config only the app which is very poor and confusing. They also don’t work with Sony Bravia TV as you have to turn off mesh on M9 to make Sony TV work and that means the mesh is off so the main purpose of the router is lost. The run extremely hot so hot you cannot touch the bottom so beware of damaging the surface you stand them on. Also the power adapter part of the plug is huge much bigger than anything I’ve ever seen looks cheap. They only give you one Ethernet cable in the 3 unit pack even though each unit has two rj45 sockets.
Options
2020-07-06 17:15:37

Is there any update on this issue?

I bought mine last week and immediately started having drops (4 or 5 times a day) when previously my connection was never an issue. Is there any hope or should I just return them?

Options
Related Articles