WR841ND wireless lock up after some time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-07 06:01:51
Region : Mexico

Model : TL-WR841ND

Hardware Version : V8

Firmware Version :

ISP : Telmex fiber

Hi, I come here to seek for help,

I use this router to replace the FO rooter that my ISP provides with the service as it's too limited (no NAT name translation, closes NAT, no uPnP etc...)

So the WR841ND acts as my main router, DHCP server, WiFi AP for all my network. My problem is that once in a while ( every 1 or 2 days) the wireless loses functionality, I still can see it from my devices, but can't connect, even fixing the IP (apparently not a DHCP issue then). The only way to fix this is to shut down the router 10 sec and restart it.

This brings another issue, I have another router (WR741) in WDS dispatching the signal to another part of the house to wired devices (Xbox , wd tv live hub) and it loses the WDS link, again the only way for this router to recover it is to restart it which is annoying.

What can I do?

Thx
Options
5 Reply
Re:WR841ND wireless lock up after some time
2013-01-07 11:03:55
It seems that you have a lot of client devices, including TV and game console. Hohoho, they are all high-bandwidth consumption devices.
Maybe the WR841ND is not so stronger to handle them all together at the same time. By the way, how many client devices together ? What are they ?
Options
my setup
2013-01-07 11:36:00
I don't know that maybe it's a lot of devices but they are not in use all at once.

ISP --------- FO Modem Router --------------- WR841ND -)) ((-WR471ND

The FO Modem Router is only used as a modem, only the WR841ND is conected to it and it's wifi is disabled. All firewalls off and the the WR841ND in DMZ.

WR841ND
- Wired -> - only my computer
- WiFi -> AppleTV (for netflx mainly)
ipad
iphone
BB
Wii
WR741ND in WDS

WR741ND
- Wired -> Xbox360
WDTV Live Hub
TV (no use of intranet/internet services)
- Wireless -> nothing, just receiving signal from the other router. SSID is set different as the other router.

So this is around 10 devices, it's not much IMHO. Maybe I can offload the Wifi Chip Wiring the Apple Tv.

Thx
Options
2013-01-08 18:35:55
Hi, I initially added this to the same issue thread which is running in the WR1043 area so thought I'd add it here...

I'm so pleased to have found others with the same problem I have that is driving me insane, the web interface hangs after about 3 days on my WR841N hooked up to BT Infinity. I've had the router changed once as I thought it may be faulty. I've disconnected other devices such as a Vodafone Sure Signal but its still the same.

Initially I was running two v7 WR841N's with a wireless bridge but had this hanging problem so I dropped the WDS Bridge and now connect them with powerline mains adaptors. I have to say its much better but the main router connected to the BT Modem still hangs the web interface after a few days. Following the change of one router I now have one at v7 connected to the BT Modem and the replacement was sent as a v8. I'll try swapping the two over as it looks like a firmware issue that I hope has been fixed with the v8 H/W. I then swapped the v7 WR841N for the v8 so let's see how long this stays up for... Running latest firmware120802.

The v8 router web interface hung last evening taking the internet access down with it. Next plan is to swap locations of the v7 and v8 routers so that v7 is connected directly to BT Infinity modem and then install DD-WRT and see if that stays up. Interesting that all was well until an iPad was turned on and connected to the wireless, anyone else seen iPads causing problems ??
Options
Similar
2013-01-08 21:45:07
Hi Gary, yes for sure this Is a similar issue. One difference tho, mine only hangs at wireless level, the wired portion continue to work fine when the wifi is down. Thx
Options
2013-05-01 11:19:14
so no one else gets this? It happens time to time and only a full router reset (power cycle) or turn off and on the wifi via the dedicated button makes it work again.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 813

Replies: 5