Ifttt integration not working properly after latest firmware update on C4000 V2 and C4000 V3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ifttt integration not working properly after latest firmware update on C4000 V2 and C4000 V3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-08 05:40:20
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20191026 rel.13901(5553)

ifttt integration working perfect with C4000 V2 and then stop working after latest firmware update.  I even went out and purchased a C4000 V3 and set it up from scratch and same problem.

When I go to Ifttt a bunch of devices show up as either as '*' or 'UNKNOWN' other show up ok as their specified names.  I ensured that I named the connected devices on my router to specific names and also reserved the devices IP on the DHCP settings page.  I have tried rebooting, different tp-link ID logins, different ifttt logins, router factory resets but same problems persists over 2 different routers. 

Help, I am really considering returning these routers and going to a different brand to get Ifttt integration working.  

Options
4 Reply
Re:Ifttt integration not working properly after latest firmware update on C4000 V2 and C4000 V3
2020-01-28 18:59:38

@pcpumpkin 

pcpumpkin wrote

ifttt integration working perfect with C4000 V2 and then stop working after latest firmware update.  I even went out and purchased a C4000 V3 and set it up from scratch and same problem.

When I go to Ifttt a bunch of devices show up as either as '*' or 'UNKNOWN' other show up ok as their specified names.  I ensured that I named the connected devices on my router to specific names and also reserved the devices IP on the DHCP settings page.  I have tried rebooting, different tp-link ID logins, different ifttt logins, router factory resets but same problems persists over 2 different routers. 

Help, I am really considering returning these routers and going to a different brand to get Ifttt integration working.  

I have been back and forth with tech support.  Have not resolved issue and my request for follow ups have been ignored.  Looks like time to send this router back

to amazon.ca

Options
Re:Ifttt integration not working properly after latest firmware update on C4000 V2 and C4000 V3
2020-01-28 19:04:06

@pcpumpkin  This is te Best solution.

Options
2020-01-28 19:18:26

@zradu

Amazon has a pretty good return policy on items that do not meet specification of product description.  I've already made a request for refund and will be leaving a review.  Free shipping back.  Might try a different TP-link model and if still not working will go try Asus.   

Options
2020-02-21 14:42:48 - last edited 2020-02-23 00:24:18

Amending Updated:

I say apologied to TPLINK, sorry !!    That Latest Firmware version are correct.

When next day, I notices the IP Gateway is different, I test it got resolved and worked everything as well.    I knew that Vodafone ISP were PLAY UP and idiot !!   
I spend several hours investigate. Last Friday I did rang Vodafone said "Wasn't us"..... That lair and Bastard a Vodafone !!!!  angry

I did crossline below.

I found out that  C4000 been latest updated  is     1.1.1 Build 20190827 rel.78773(5553)  are  FAILURE

Last Tuesday everything is fine..... and until Tuesday night,  I notice that TP-LINK update latest firmware been installed. 

Next day....BUT one thing is SERIOUS problem,  We have stuck a "Outgoing email (SMTP)"  is unresponsive or timeout in 3 days is nothing changed.   I have rang to ISP or Hosting both doesn't problem. 

After worked,  I begin investigate a wireless router, Modem Gateway & fibre.   I found out that pointer is
C4000 router is GUILTY !!!     How ?  I swap my old router Archer C60 got resolved that outgoing email got through out it.   Then I put back a C4000 still problem a outgoing.

C4000 router was previous firmware was v2_180322 was worked as well.    I tried put a DOWNGRADE a firmware V2_180322..... But it's NOT accept.  

WHAT DO I FIX THIS,  OR THREW IT AWAY to replace other brand. 
Because I fedup with it.     I don't think  TP-LINK are unprofessional and lack design job .... That why I spend cost of these !

My small business will be loss profit from our customer waiting.....  I means TP-LINK are ruin our business again !!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1090

Replies: 4

Related Articles