DECO family and WiFi SSID separation for problematic devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-10 23:00:05 - last edited 2020-01-10 23:06:02
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, i just purchased two Deco M4 and the they are working flawlessly (mesh functionality is awesome!).

The only problem for me is i can't select different SSIDs for 2.4 and 5 Ghz networks and i'll explaing why: having the same ssid for 2.4 and 5ghz is mostly useful, but when it comes to certain devices, it is generates many problems. I have problems with:

1) Oculus Quest VR device: it is specifically explained that it could have problems with networks that shares 2.4 and 5 ghz bandwidth on the same ssid. And infact it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting randomly.

2) Many smart devices only works with 2.4 ghz band. BUT, some of them refuses to configure if they see the 5 ghz band on the same ssid of 2.4 one. For example: for the SONOFF smart switches needs to have the 5Ghz turned off to complete the configuration, or they do not proceed in the wifi settings phase (i think they sold many of them around the world :P). This is so inconvenient.

3) I just noticed that i can't access my lan wired printer from a wifi connected laptop (the ip is not pingable). I'm in access point mode. Is there some firewall settings i didn't notice?

Thanks for your time and keep up the good work!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1524

Replies: 0

Related Articles