OS catalina not recognising Archer VR200 USB network drive Sharing Account credentials

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

OS catalina not recognising Archer VR200 USB network drive Sharing Account credentials

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-12 13:11:15
Model: Archer VR300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.8.0 0.5 v0053.0

I'm trying to setup backups on my mac using timemachine over the WIFI.

I've attached my external storage device to the TP-LINK archer VR200.  With no authenticaiton setup (TP LINK router menu) I can connect to it.  However as soon as I enter credentials, I am unable to connect.  OS catalina gives the error 'There is a problem connecting to the server, check the server name of IP address'.  I know I'm entering the correct credentials as I have tried the same thing on my Windows 10 installaiton and it connects fine. 

Any ideas?

Mark

Options
3 Reply
Re:OS catalina not recognising Archer VR200 USB network drive Sharing Account credentials
2020-01-12 13:35:10
Mac Catalina is a 64 bit only operating system. I know several have had issues connecting printers to the USB port of the router. They needed a new printer app. The Go64.app will show you what apps may not not be supported. What is the format of the drive you are connecting to the router as in the past you could not use Time Machine to backup to the Router because of the formats supported required by Time Machine vs the formats supported by TP Link routers. I have a 1 TB drive connected to my Archer C8 as a shared drive but can not use it for Time Machine. See https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/types-of-disks-you-can-use-with-time-machine-mh15139/mac
Options
Re:OS catalina not recognising Archer VR200 USB network drive Sharing Account credentials
2020-01-12 14:29:03

@Advertisement 

Well the drive I'm connected to has two logical partitions.  One is Windows, NTFS and the other is Mac OS Extened (Journaled, Encrypted)

I'll try the driver app you both mentioned.

Options
2020-01-12 16:24:36
One router that does claim to support Time Machine is Archer A20 C4000. The apple routers that did support it are no longer made plus they had other limitations. I do not think you can get your router to support Time Machine. Can you get to both partitions thru SMB from your Apple?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 957

Replies: 3

Related Articles