Can't connect to network - TP-Link TL-WN725N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-13 09:55:45
Model: TL-WN725N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I bought a TP-Link TL-WN725N for my pc to have a wifi connection instead of ethernet. I don't have a CD drive but I downloaded the driver and I'm able to see all of my networks. When entering the password, it tries to connect for about 10 seconds and then it says "can't connect to network". I've tried two different networks but to no avail.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? It's quite urgent...

Thanks in advance!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't connect to network - TP-Link TL-WN725N
2020-03-03 08:31:15 - last edited 2020-03-06 00:28:19

@Cruysberghs 

Hi,

When the computer failed to connect the wireless network, please double-check the wifi password on your phone, you can forget the network on the phone first, then try to reconnect back. If the wifi password is correct, but the computer still not able to connect wifi, please restart the wireless adapter on the computer, or reinstall the driver.

Good day.

Options
2021-04-07 23:42:22

@Cruysberghs 

The same thing is happening to me i use  ubuntu 18.04-kernel 4.15.0-140-generic this TL-WIN725N usb adapter only connects easily in networks with the public SSID and not in hidden mode (sometimes it connects but it is very difficult ), as well as other types of security settings on the router that this usb adapter does not seem to want to work properly on the connection .

Options
2021-07-29 06:10:03

@Cruysberghs 

Same here on a Mac.
Just purchased one on the basis that the blurb says Mac OS supported.
It does not highlight that the drivers are 2 years out of date and cannot be automatically installed on Macs.
After a long technical song-n-dance it has been possible to complete the install and get the utility started.

However........

It does not accept my password for the wifi.
Yes - checked by forgetting the wifi on a different device and entering the password there.

Solutions anyone from TP-Link? Or silence?

I looked at the diagnostics steps and it suggested updating the driver.
I will happily do this once TP-Link update the driver at their end to support Mac 11.5 Big Sur.

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 8059

Replies: 3

Related Articles