Internet Connection Drop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Internet Connection Drop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Internet Connection Drop
Internet Connection Drop
2020-01-14 09:59:30
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have just purchased the RE650, AC2600 and have successfully got it to connect to my router via LAN and 2 switches on the way. It works okay. The main router is in charge to dispatch IP adress via DHCP. RE650 is configured as Access Point (with Static IP and DHCP disabled) . So all final client (Laptops, Smartphones) are getting an IP adress from the main router.

However, after a set amount of time the RE650 will drop the Internet connection. The RE650 remains still connected with full signal, but the Internet will no longer work on clients connected to the RE650. The WIFI signal of the clients remains unaffected, with a very god quality but with no internet. All devices connected to the Router via LAN, are still getting internet connection.

If I turn the RE650 off and turn it back on again the problem will resolve.

If I wait enough time, the problem will also resolve.
However, again after a set amount of time the problem returns.

Last firmware has been installed.

All switches were replaced.

I also connected the RE650 directly to the router.

But after all done, the problem still persists.

Any help will be appreciated

Options
5 Reply
Re:Internet Connection Drop
2020-01-27 03:03:52

@BNB I've got the exact same problem. 

I updated firmware, reset device to factory settings, statically assigned an IP for it and turned off DHCP manually. 

Every 15 to 20 minutes or so, the internet would drop on devices connected to the 5ghz network. Wifi signal remained strong, but internet access dies. 

Devices on my other WiFi networks are just fine. This was a version 1.0, I returned it and got a newer v 1.1 from Amazon and it still has the same issue, just not as often. 

Might be time to look at ubiquity. 

Options
2020-01-27 10:26:03

@BNB 

The alternative will be to used other product than RE650.

It looks also we need to publish all-over not to buy RE650 if planned to be used as access point.

Options
2020-01-27 21:05:49

@BNB will be trying out ubiquiti uap flexhd

The RE650 was no good. 

Options
2020-01-30 02:42:55

@BNB 

Upgraded to Ubiquiti UAP-FlexHD Access point. 5 minutes to set up - UniFi controller software is amazing, and all of my problems with WiFi losing internet access are gone.

I think I've found a new addiction ;)

Options
2020-01-30 05:57:37

@Slatey 

Thank you ! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 958

Replies: 5

Related Articles