Deco P9, why 16 devices IP addresses reservation limitation ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-17 13:21:56 - last edited 2020-03-10 06:39:44
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

Hello.

I'm using 3 Deco P9 in my new house. Getting more and more smart devices (cameras, google hubs,...) on my network and with the desire to manage and monitor efficiently these devices, I'm facing now the weird 16 devices limitation in setting up fixed IP addresses for them in the application.

I've ended having way more devices than 16 and I'm wondering two things: 

1) is this limitation is from an hardware pov (which will look weird as technically this should be the cas for a router that is advertised able to support up to 100 devices) or a simple app limitation ? If from the app, can we expect soon an update that will remove this limitation ?

2) meanwhile, is there any way that you guys use to manage more than 16 fixed IP addresses while using your Deco P9 as the router ? Maybe I'm missing something here ?

Thank you 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco P9, why 16 devices IP addresses reservation limitation ?-Solution
2020-02-13 21:38:18 - last edited 2020-03-10 06:39:44

@Greg. Same issue here, 16 is not enough if you have a smart house. There is another thread indicating the same problem: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/172092?utm_source=Subscription&utm_medium=email

Their advice is to set static ip addresses on the devices, essentially moving the job from the router to the device :/

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco P9, why 16 devices IP addresses reservation limitation ?-Solution
2020-02-13 21:38:18 - last edited 2020-03-10 06:39:44

@Greg. Same issue here, 16 is not enough if you have a smart house. There is another thread indicating the same problem: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/172092?utm_source=Subscription&utm_medium=email

Their advice is to set static ip addresses on the devices, essentially moving the job from the router to the device :/

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1249

Replies: 1