Deco P9 Maturity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9 Maturity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
107 Reply
Re:Deco P9 Maturity
2020-05-28 20:52:50

Waiting does seem to be a key aspect of investing in this kit. If existing issues don't start getting addressed soon enough with a regular commitment to developing / fixing and enhancing the product going forwards then I suspect I will be joining the numbers in ditching the kit.

Need to start looking at the consumer protection laws and what they say about being fit for purpose. Currently this seems to be far from what we should expect.

Options
2020-05-29 08:31:57

I've giving up this junk...

Sent it back, even if the return period was expired. Told them that this devices (2 x 3 pack) are useless.
It states "stable" on the box... no

Currently trying the M9 Plus: has no powerline, but works OK so far.

Options
2020-05-29 08:39:06

@HopSaSam I even gave up on the M5 I replaced the P9 with and moved over to Amplifi from Ubiquiti, haven't looked back, been rock solid.

HopSaSam wrote

I've giving up this junk...

Sent it back, even if the return period was expired. Told them that this devices (2 x 3 pack) are useless.
It states "stable" on the box... no

Currently trying the M9 Plus: has no powerline, but works OK so far.

Options
2020-06-01 02:00:19
Hi All. I received a response from support, but its rather disappointing in regards to specifics (See below) "so if you want to update the firmware of it, please go to the Deco App and try to check if a new firmware is released for the Deco P9. And for the plan, we may need to tell you that we have plans to release the firmware of the Deco P9, but we can not promise the exact date. Thanks for your cooperation and patience." So nothing specific, and pretty disappointing considering the P9 is definitely in need of a new firmware (Fixes and access to feature within the underlying config).
Options
2020-06-01 02:00:20 - last edited 2020-06-01 02:00:48

Hi All. I received a response from support, but its rather disappointing in regards to specifics (See below)

"so if you want to update the firmware of it, please go to the Deco App and try to check if a new firmware is released for the Deco P9. And for the plan, we may need to tell you that we have plans to release the firmware of the Deco P9, but we can not promise the exact date. Thanks for your cooperation and patience."

So nothing specific, and pretty disappointing considering the P9 is definitely in need of a new firmware (Fixes and access to feature within the underlying config).

Options
2020-06-03 20:29:04
Update available today https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/210648
Options
2020-06-04 08:20:25

@wcg I've just updated my Deco P9 devices to firmware version 1.1.0 Build 20200513 Rel.52023 so I can some of those updates in the smartphone app. But I thought I read that with this version, a management page is available? I've tried router ip on the browser to connect but am having no luck - what's the procedure to access the mgmt page?

Options
2020-06-04 08:35:12

@samwardill 

Try like this:

https://tplinkdeco.net

Important is the https part. You need to accept the security warning.

Options
2020-06-10 11:14:36

Hi All,

Looking for some assistance from other Deco P9 users.

I've noticed my P9 is reporting the following error "daemon.err /usr/bin/apsd: apsd_get_active_ports:214: Error: No such interface 20", approximately 20+ times per minute. I've also noticed the P9 is repeatedly experiencing 100% CPU utilisation (load), and am wondering if the two could be related. I've contacted tp-link support, who've advised they can't see any issue with the device.

However, I'd be grateful if other Deco P9 users could check and advise if the same / similar error is being reported by their P9 systems in the (Notice, Error, Warning) logs?

Thank for the assistance.

Options
2020-06-17 19:02:26

@wcg can you tell me which version of python you used and how you started it, i get a 

from tmpv2 import TDPApplication, TMPApplication
ImportError: No module named tmpv2

With regards,

Richard

Options