Archer AC1900 - frequent disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-28 17:47:38 - last edited 2020-01-28 18:08:53
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20190403 rel.63102

As of three days ago, my router will randomly drop internet connection. The LED planet symbol on my router will go from green (internet access) to orange (no internet access) randomly.

I attempted to amend this through simple resetting of my router and modem to no avail. The planet symbol will remain orange but a random length of time until it goes back to green.

I called my ISP and they informed there are no issues with the modem and that the issue lies within my router.

I checked for any updates and it says my router is already up to date.

Any luck?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer AC1900 - frequent disconnecting
2020-09-05 07:37:20
I am also facing same issue. I bought AC1900 Archer A9 router in June 2020. Just in 2 months I am fed up with this router. Frequently wifi connection is breaking. As in pandemic situation, I am working from home, it's frustrating when my laptop disconnects from wifi frequently. When I check router light is red. There is no issue from ISP side as I have already checked. I don't know what is the solution of this. But if anyone has it, please share.
Options
2020-10-06 15:19:08

@dbaker89 Thanks for posting this. 

I am also experiencing intermittent disconnects and have tried: 

ISP = no issues

Added specific devices to QoS @ 1000 Mbps = 5 devices (2 work laptops, 3 cell phones)

rebooted modem & router

reposition router

purchased a range extender = AC1750

My wife works upstairs close to the range extender and the range extender works as expected when connected however, she gets more disconnects than I do (downstairs) and she connects to a partially unstable network for her workplace, using internet mostly.

I am sitting closer to the router. I do get frequent disconnects. I use MS Teams for about half my work day. 

Curious to hear some other suggestions.

Options
2020-10-11 06:56:52

@Ottawadude has this question/issue been resolved?! 

Options
2020-10-13 20:01:11
I ended up getting a modem replacement from bell for my hh3000 and will attempt once again. I will also configure as stated here: https://www.reddit.com/r/bell/comments/akgl61/how_to_use_your_own_router_with_home_hub_3000/ ...unless there is a better way to configure? Later this week, I am considering purchasing a tp-link AP, for my existing tp-link router, and the range extender for upstairs dead-zones. Also considering replacing the transceiver inside the hh3000. I'm researching this option.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2358

Replies: 4

Related Articles