Losing connection to router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-01 12:11:01 - last edited 2020-02-03 17:08:33
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.2 v0093.0 Build 190125 Rel.63783n(4555)

I have a Virgin Hub 3.0 as my router and an Archer C50 as an access point connected by ethernet.

Occasionally the AP will lose connection to the router. At that point I have network connection but no internet. This is the case for all connected devices. I cannot ping the IP address of the router (192.168.0.1). I can log into the AP, I cannot see any errors. Sometimes the clock has been reset to 1970 but this does not seem to relate to the issue.

If I reboot or restart the WAP it reconnects to the router and everything works fine for a while. Then, after a time (30 minutes - 2 days), it loses connection again.

I've tried giving the AP a static IP address (reserved at the router). I've tried getting the AP to reboot in the middle of the night. I don't know if the issue is at the router side or the WAP.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Losing connection to router
2020-02-11 03:15:53

@SeptimusPrime when the issue happens again, you can check the status page on Archer C50 and check the LAN IP, it's the same range as Virgin Hub 3.0?

Maybe you could try to set static IP on C50 in "Internet->LAN " and enable the DHCP server too.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1092

Replies: 1

Related Articles