5 Ghz Band/802.11 ac/Wi-Fi 5 doesn't work with TP-Link Archer T6E and Deco M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-04 15:54:49 - last edited 2020-02-04 17:13:26
Model: Archer T6E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

You guys know the problem, it's been posted about a hundred times and tp-link have either

1) Given people a run around

2) Straight up ignored people

Here's the thing, the Archer T6E doesn't work properly with Windows 10 and the drivers for Wi-Fi adaptors are just bad. When the customer support is telling people to download Asus's drivers for the same Broadcom wi-fi, you know things are bad. By bad I mean, it' straight up false advertising. You say Windows 10 is supported and it is an 802.11ac card but clearly it doesn't work. They just hope that people don't notice the 2.4G/802.11n connection and leave a good review on Amazon.

I can't change the Wi-Fi channel on the Deco M4 so I can't even test if that is the problem. If I force 5GHz in a guest network, it works on super slow 802.11a for some reason.

I don't even care, tell me if I can fix this issue by buying a Deco M9 plus and changing the main channel, I will do it.

At this point the sunk cost fallacy has set in and I didn't realise I had made a terrible decision by buying the Archer T6E. Even worse, I have recommended it to a lot of people on PC building forums I frequent and people ask me a lot for build advice.

Please let me know how I can fix this, I am about ready to trash all my tp-link products and getting a new set at this point.

There are about 10 computers in my office that can't be upgraded past Windows 7 because the old TP-Link PCI cards BSOD Windows 8 and 10 randomly. I have already stopped buying them for my office. I thought the Archer T6E wasn't a budget or out dated card so it wouldn't have problems, oh boy does it have problems.

TP-Link Wi-Fi adapters are HORRIBLE, STAY AWAY.

I have a feeling though, nothing is going to happen about this problem though. People have reported it for years now, tp-link simply doesn't give a darn. My return period is over so this money is lost. This is why I never buy tech products from Chinese companies, they have no loyalty to their customers. Enjoy my money guys, it's the last you will se of it.

-Anant

Options
1 Reply
Re:5 Ghz Band/802.11 ac/Wi-Fi 5 doesn't work with TP-Link Archer T6E and Deco M4
2020-03-02 09:07:22 - last edited 2020-03-06 00:28:05

@anantgaur 

Hello,

We will try our best to help. Would you please tell us the specific issue of the adapter? Is that the speed is slow when you connect to the router's 5G wifi? 

What troubleshooting have you done before?  How did you install the driver on the computer?

When and where did you buy this adapter? Does it work fine before?

By the way, Deco M9 does not support to change channel yet.

Have a good day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2888

Replies: 1

Related Articles