ARP Binding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ARP Binding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ARP Binding
ARP Binding
2013-01-13 00:28:56
Region : Ireland

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.13.17 Build 120426 Rel.29216n

ISP : UPC

Region : Ireland

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.13.17 Build 120426 Rel.29216n

ISP : UPC

I'm having trouble getting the ARP Binding feature to work. So far I've:

[*]Enabled ARP Binding
[*]Saved
[*]Added a new rule (eg. 01-23-45-67-89-AB bound to 192.168.0.109)
[*]Ensured the "Bind" box has been ticked
[*]Saved again
[*]Rebooted the router
[*]Reconnected the device (laptop) to the network

But according to the ARP list, rather than be given the address I specified the device is given the first available address after 192.168.0.99. I should mention the connection is wireless. Anybody else have this issue? More importantly, anybody solve it?
Options
3 Reply
Re:ARP Binding
2013-01-13 12:01:54
Your firmware seems a little old....Maybe you can try to upgrade the firmware...
Options
2013-01-13 17:59:36

Ginjitzu wrote

[COLOR=#000000]Region : Ireland

But according to the ARP list, rather than be given the address I specified the device is given the first available address after 192.168.0.99. I should mention the connection is wireless. Anybody else have this issue? More importantly, anybody solve it?

What are you trying to acheive here ?
I must admit i don't really see what the arp binding is used for ...(haven't read up on it)

Edit: The only thing i can see it usefull for , is "Static arp" , meaning binding an extra ip-addy to the same mac.
This wil get the router to forward packages to the bound ip-addy to the specified mac (arp resolution). But has nothing to do with address delegation (as in DHCP or Statuc addresses).

If all you need is that the WiFi PC gets the same ip addr all the time , then use address reservation in the DHCP section.
I just did that , and now i get the same ip addy all the time fr my Laptop.

/Bingo
Options
2013-01-16 02:39:26
SOLVED!

Bingo wrote

...arp binding... ...nothing to do with address delegation (as in DHCP or Statuc addresses).

If all you need is that the WiFi PC gets the same ip addr all the time , then use address reservation in the DHCP section...
/Bingo

Thanks Bingo, that was exactly what I was trying to achieve.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 916

Replies: 3

Related Articles