Connected to network but no internet access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-14 06:05:18
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WDN4800

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WN823N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Virgin Media

I recently bought a new PC and I am using a wireless adapter TL-WN823N to connect to the network. The computer connected to the internet fine using a wire and was working fine with the adapter. I then moved the computer to another room and now I can connect to the network wirelessly but the access type lists my computer as "No internet access". Some times when I dis/reconnect to the network it gives internet access for a few seconds before stopping. I have a laptop that is connected fine to the internet so I know that isn't an issue. I have tried updating all wireless drivers, resetting wireless profiles and it is set to auto look up ip addresses. Just wondering if I could get any other help on trying to sort this out.

On TP-LiNK it shows:

UI Version: 1.4.5 en.005
WFF: 1.3.0.0
Driver: 1013.0.325.2011
Options
4 Reply
Re:Connected to network but no internet access
2013-01-14 10:46:11
When there is no Internet Access, can the computer still get IP address for the wireless adapter from the wireless router? If the computer can get the IP, how about the signal form the router? What is more, can the PC ping the router wireless?Can the PC ping 8.8.8.8? Is it possible that it is the DNS problem?
Options
2013-01-15 03:01:08
Not sure exactly what you mean when I read it but I ran command promp and ran ipconfig. It shows the IPv6, subnet mask and default gateway. If I ping the default gateway it usually sends 4 packets of which 1 or 2 are received at around 4-10ms ping and the others show request timed out. Pinging 8.8.8.8 it times out for all 4 everytime. I have a strong connection to the router still but no internet access. Not sure if that is what you were looking for but get back to me if you need any more info.
Options
2013-01-15 21:02:20
Is there an IPv4 address? if no, perhaps you can try a static IP address. what's more, How about try to change a channel on the router that may avoid some WIFI interference?
Options
2013-01-15 21:17:30
Yeah I can see an IPv4 address as well. I used inSSIDer and the router isn't on the same channel as any of the other nearby networks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 10606

Replies: 4

Related Articles